Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

What are you modelling/do you want to model?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Mod Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OneShot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested if we had any means of shooting them short of firing Mavs/Hellfire/SLAM-ERs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
XabbaRus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH ok

I map each object seperately and each object goes on a map, you have seen mine so you know what I mean.

Just makes things a little tricker but easier model placement wise.
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, OS, the solution to that is to make a whole battery... still a single launcher, but the object entry in the database and the 3-d model reflect a SAM "emplacement" of sorts with infantry and some feature.

I KNOW the idea is to have some guy running around with a launcher going all stealth, but no one wants to fly over a little rubber raft or near a curve in the shore and get shot down by a Grail with no way to fire back.
OneShot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great ... I'm sure the Mission Designers would appreciate that. Btw. could this be used as Target for SpecOps ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneShot wrote:
Btw. could this be used as Target for SpecOps ?
Yes.

BTW I think that a Mav or Hellfire is a perfictly acceptable weapon to use against a squad of guys with MANPADs. A Visual would be required (since I doubt Radar could detect them). Also it might be neat to have RPGs that can target low flying aircraft and ships, they wouldn't do much damage to a ship but it might knock out a system or something- at the least it would make driving up to an enemy shoreline a thing of the past.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Mod Workshop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: