Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Populated Kiel Canal dilemma With SHIII Editor

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mission Designers' Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Populated Kiel Canal dilemma With SHIII Editor Reply with quote

It appears that I merged Save Scripted Layer As... Scripted Layer? I found SH3 in my documents/data/cfg/Sh3MissionEditor.log when opened shows 300 warning: Unit Duke of York too close to the unit Duke of York (current distance 0.0, minimum 300.0) Same for every stationary ship in game. Game would not Initalize,suspect frame rate over load,just a guess.Can editor changes be reversed? If there saved files in the editor?Where?I have a virgin Silent Hunter III/data/Campaigns/Campaign/Campaign_SCR.mis file.If needed?

CCIP wrote:
Hmm, the only reason it can not work is if you don't specifically open and save Campaign_SCR.mis as a Scripted Units Layer. That is, don't use the "open" and "save" commands - always use "Open Scripted Units Layer" and "Save Scripted Units Layer As". It should then work.

Those "errors" that you get are not actually errors. They have been in the game out of the box and don't really cause any problems.
Canal.mis file script puts ships in canal OK.Canal is to narrow.Plotting course is difficult.Collision With ship,your dead! Must undo changes in editor + I mistakenly merged scripted layer origional with same.Now I Have two of every stationary ship in game.Is it possible to undo? With SHIII EDITOR :hmm: Damn :hmm: :lost:

Last edited by donut on Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:09 am; edited 6 times in total
mike_espo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to add some harbor traffic to the random layers in the campaign...got error messages and could not save.... Surprised :hmm:
donut

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggested to me. Rubini, Garau, SOS-SOS-SOS Donut in destress!
raymond6751

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: canal? Reply with quote

Where is this Kiel canal? I installed the canal mod but don't see it in the game. I created a mission starting there, but see no change to the area nor the map.
HW3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you zoomed in close enough on the map? It only shows on the close in zoom levels.
donut

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Respects to CCIP Reply with quote

Dear CCIP,

You are the man.I count you as a friend,helpfull to a fault,Officer,Gentleman & Judge of fine wine.Your assistance w/Subsim's forum,is like-un-to;a savings acct.,it will draw interest, and allow your kindness to enlighten,to enrich your life & others also.Many thanks, I am underway to patrol grid, transit, canal is still there, no ships,suggest ships:should only be in backwater sideings, for easy plotting,canal is to narrow most of the distance.Building graphics, would also be nice,there must have been a town on the canal,but I suspect may not be possible in editor.I would have thought,it would be an editor option,to delete changes.Now I know to save origional, before overwrite.BTW-I have saved virgin data file is that where you got the--data\campaigns\campaign\camcaign_SCR.mis you sent for fix?
I truely,am gratefull for,and you have earned my respect w/your helpfull persistance in this delima.Although many in the know, might have shared. Explaining that which you don't have knowledge of, is difficult,my spelling,is a D-,typeing is H&P,People skills,well let me say,I am not a diplomat.It took Two hrs.compose this letter which I will add to thread in mission designers forum.
--------------------------------------------GOD Bless you,Donut Ping
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mission Designers' Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: