Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

U201 Model

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub & Naval Books, Films, and Models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AtomicTuna

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: U201 Model Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Yet another U201 finished:

Here is full gallery:

http://www.deepwatermodels.com/VIIC/U201-3

and listing on eBay if anybody interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6536150370

Thanks for interest,

--Boris
Driftwood

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Boris! If you don't mind sharing, how did you achieve the rust effects?
AtomicTuna

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Rust effects Reply with quote

lrankine,

The weathering of U-Boats and particulary rust effects could be achived by few diffent ways.

Rust effects on this model made entirly with oil paints. As the base I use "Siena natur"/"Raw Sienna". The first layer is Siena + 25% of white. It is for rust just created by flows of the water. The second layer is only "Siena" and makes strips of fading water flows rust. The third level is Siena + 5-10% of red. It used for "old rust" and applied with finest brush I have.
I like this metod for few reasons and mostly because oil paints could be applied over acryl, enamel and other types of paints. Another huge advantage of oil paints is long drying time (could be dramatically acelerated with special liquid). You will have to clean and repaint any fragment without damaging cover paint.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions about other methods, let me know.

--Boris
Torplexed

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful work....especially on getting the snowmen emblem on the conning tower. Do you ever use an airbrush in your painting work? Cool
AtomicTuna

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Airbrush Reply with quote

Torplexed,

I have airbrush, it is cheap Revell. I use it for painting the whole thing.
The small details I paint with brush. The camo strips on this model also been painted with brush.

--Boris
blue3golf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! Thumbs Up You answered my question bout the airbrush before I got to ask, good to cuz I didnt want to buy an expensive brush. One question though, How long have you been doing models on a detail level like this and on average how long do they take you?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub & Naval Books, Films, and Models All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: