Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Multiplayer Hosters, turn of your firewall!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Multiplayer Matchup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiwi_2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Hosters, turn of your firewall!! Reply with quote

Many times i see in the multiplayer kapitans that host a game yet probable wonder why no one joins, the reason for this is becasue we cannot see your PING! because you have your firewall on to block it. last night there was 3 hosters with the problem.... i watch for 15min or so and no one joined, only to see the hosters disconnect and restart another host yet still with there firewall on. They are probably thinking that no one loves them anymore cos no ones joining. Yet if they only new i for one would join if only i could see the ping, without the ping no-one can join!

So please either turn off your firewall or enable it so we can connect to your host. For crying out loud how are we to win the war of the atlantic if we cannot get out there! Rotfl Rock Argh
Marvin the Martian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Dont tell us HOW to do that.. ???
I have that Prob as well, but its NOT my fire wall. Something Else is Blocking my Ping.... I thimk.. Surprised
I am haveing FITS trying to figure it out... Sad
Damn Damn Damn Damn
Doesnt anybody out there know WHAT to do in 3 easy steps.. :help:
FritzHeinz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step one:
What brand/type router/firewall do you have?

Step two:
Does your router have a firewall, NAT (Network Adress Translation)

Step three:
find a chapter in you router/firewall manual about
-NAT Setup
-port forwarding
-configuring open ports

Step four:
Most routers can be configured via you webbrowser, so fill out the ports that you want to open or redirect in your configuration page.

Good luck, and hope to join your server soon...
BobV_07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fritz is right. I would be willing to bet that most if not all people that are trying to host a game and cant, its because thay are hid behind there router. If you are behind a router you will have to configure port forwarding to be able to host a game. I have had to do this for 2 different routers and I can say I hated every second of it!!!! Damn

But I was determand to be able to host a game! So, I had this nice fellow over in the UBI SH3 forum(Blue_76)give me a link to an awsome web site with just the help I was looking for. So I will do the same.

Here is the home page---->http://www.portforward.com/default.htm
They got a forum on there that you can post questions on to.

Go here and find your router. Once you have found your router in this list then click on it and you will be shown how to setup your router for port forwarding. Thats it! Sounds simple? Sorry its not...LOL! Dont get to discouraged give it a try. Good luck! :know: http://www.portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/SilentHunterIII/SilentHunterIIIindex.htm

Another thing you might try is calling the manufacturer of your router. They might be able to help you with setting up your router for port forwarding.

I do hope this helps! Thumbs Up
Tovarich

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Multiplayer Hosters, turn of your firewall!! Reply with quote

kiwi_2005 wrote:
Many times i see in the multiplayer kapitans that host a game yet probable wonder why no one joins, the reason for this is becasue we cannot see your PING! because you have your firewall on to block it. last night there was 3 hosters with the problem.... i watch for 15min or so and no one joined, only to see the hosters disconnect and restart another host yet still with there firewall on. They are probably thinking that no one loves them anymore cos no ones joining. Yet if they only new i for one would join if only i could see the ping, without the ping no-one can join!

So please either turn off your firewall or enable it so we can connect to your host. For crying out loud how are we to win the war of the atlantic if we cannot get out there! Rotfl Rock Argh

1. If you have a hardware router set it to DMZ host.
2. If you are using a software firewall at least make sure you have the the correct ports for SH3 open if you opt not to shut the software off all togeather.
I will update this after looking up the ports.
I hope this helps someone, anyone, ok I really don't care if it does, J/K Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Multiplayer Matchup All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: