Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Ahoy-no Time Compression-Expansion Pack-May1940
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shakermaker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drebbel wrote:
R.I.P. Wrratt Crying or Very sad

Can't the admins send out a patrol to look for him? The U-46 is happy to participate. We are currently hailing from the Mediterranean, but we can be in the Atlantic within a matter of days.
Drebbel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shakermaker wrote:
Drebbel wrote:
R.I.P. Wrratt Crying or Very sad

Can't the admins send out a patrol to look for him? The U-46 is happy to participate. We are currently hailing from the Mediterranean, but we can be in the Atlantic within a matter of days.

The admins, always the admins. Why not take the lead yourself. Be a leader, not a sheep ! Argh
Shakermaker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drebbel wrote:
The admins, always the admins. Why not take the lead yourself. Be a leader, not a sheep ! Argh

The U-45 has set course for Butcher Bay, a small cove on the Atlantic Spanish coast, near Vigo. We have take a certain mr. Diesel aboard for directions ....
GOZO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrratt wrote:
Log Update Jan 17 1940,,,U-49 is glad to report grid AN47 is deviod of any shipping.We patroled our grid for over 28 hours and all was clear.How delightful the cruise has been its now over three full days sailing, and not one sighting.We are heading south towards the Channel, and hopefully I can still recall how to use the periscope and TDC....Ahoy....Wrratt ................................well I have to say running the game without TC is like having an interactive "screensaver" running....go outside garden for a hour or so, check the game....eat dinner and shower,check the game...I think it is safe to say this mission will be going on for more then one week,unless we are sunk or come across 14 ships in the next four days! Happy Hunting and Keep yer decks awash![/list]

Respect sir!!!!! Rock Tried something similar once upon a time but ended after around 46 hrs with the damn antivirus programme kicking in automatically making SHIII crash. Damn keep a crate of "Becks" as standard eq at home nowdays..... Smile
Dantenoc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is trully a feat to be admired Rock .... Really something that normal people in their ignorance just wont understand... to have the intelligence or mental capacitiy -the imagination potential if you will- to consiously choose to inmerse yourself in a world of fantasy and make it as real as your own.

As Spock once said "the more complex the mind, the greater the necesity for the simplicity of play"... also reminds me of a video game console tv ad that I saw recently, where the guy has an "alter ego - personality" as a luchador-masked-pro wrestler, and says "Becuase one life is simply not enough for me"... but man, this guy is the real deal!!

It also reminds me of a group of online gamers that I read about in the book "Dungeons and Dreamers, the rise of computer game culture, from geek to chic" by Brad King and John Borland who took their gaming experience to a new level completely unexpected by the game developers when they chose to start their own play theater within the game world, using their online characters, and they succesfully managed to present "live" clasic plays of shakespeare and such. I don't want to highjack the thread so i won't go anymore into this.

Anyway... my salute to you... I think I'll make an effort to buy a really hot portable computer to try this myself sometime.

P.S.: By the way, if anyone out there thinks that doing something this hardcore is really silly, stupid or indicative of not having a life, let me say that I find more meaning and significance in what this man has done than the standard "going out to the same pub every weekend" drill that the plebes do for their whole lifes!!!

ROCK ON Rock !!!!
Letum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a mad unemployed "student" ("" because im not actualy studying anything atm)
Ive done 3 patrold at 1xTC
the longest lasted 3 weeks
It was an intresting experiance, but if i ever think of doing it again my girlfriend will murder me (she'll prolly drown me, she likes Irony)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: