Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Spawning question...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mission Designers' Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
von Buelow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Spawning question... Reply with quote

I have another idea for a custom mission...

Start out with 4-6 ships... in a small convoy. Each time one ship is sunk, there are 2 that are spawned, from a relatively nearby position. (Or for a variation, all the ships in a round must be sunk to spawn the next round.)

And this contines for 4 "rounds" so that there will be a total of 32-48 ships to be sunk. Each round would spawn harder & bigger ships.

Is this possible in the editor?
Trontir

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea, but the spawn part of the editor is broken. I already tried to spawn several surface vessels, when a certain unit was destroyed ... it doesn't work. Sad

That's one of the bugs, that I wanted to get fixed before the official support of SHIII ended. Too bad ...
Kompressor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really "zum kotzen" (in german) that the spawning function isn't working. As others did I tried anything. Nada.
What kind of thrilling missions we could create if this function would work!

Really fast and out of the nothing coming destroyers for example. Or ships departuring the harbour by time while your u-boat is in that habour. Well... :8Cool it doesn't work.

Anything new on this topic?

Maybe we have to edit the mission-files manually. In the campaign there is sometimes a nasty beaming noise when you arrive in the boat, so I think the funktion is implemented.
in a savegamefile of the campaign I found commands like "DepartureLong=xxxxxxx.xxxxx" "DepartureHeading=xxx" etc.
But until now I could not bring it to work.
If there is anything new on this topic: Give it to me. Wink
I tried for days and I simply do not accept that the spawning function does not work. It can not be true (I hope).
booger2005

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked into this too and think it may be a poorly implemented feature, and not a "bug". My reason for thinking this?

Without even using spawn, if you place in a ship within visual range of your boat scheduled to appear 1 minute after the mission begins, it will not appear. However, Navel Bases can appear after your mission starts. So possibly there is some mechanism by which having a "ghost ship" to appear before your very eyes is not allowed.

On the otherhand, the delete feature is unreliable also, not disabled but not right, either. (If I remember righ I tried to get ship 1 to dissapear when ship 2 was sunk, but ship 2 was the one that dissappears and for no apparent reason)

Incidently, I've also had a lot of trouble with the time trigger. If you schedule a radio message to appear more than a few hours in the future, it will appear as soon as the mission starts instead.

Rolling Eyes :down: :nope:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mission Designers' Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: