Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Mod Utilities for Dangerous Waters

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Mod Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OneShot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Mod Utilities for Dangerous Waters Reply with quote

I stumbled upon a couple of files on my HDD and before actually putting them up on the CADC I asked Jamie if its ok to do that, since especially the decompress.exe seemed to be closed hold on first glance. But Jamie not only has given his OK but tossed in the actual cmpUtil.exe used by SCS as well.

You can find those files on the CADC here : http://www.orionwarrior.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3837#post3837

and I guess pretty soon at SubGurus as well.

I hope this helps in getting the Modding efforts for modells underway ...

Cheers
OS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bill Nichols

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most excellent!

(You always find the best stuff) Rock
Ramius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for info....

OneShot wrote:
Additionally there is the list of sound files for the mission editor that come shipped with the game and (with Jamies blessing)

Nice, but don't you think asking the person who made this would be better Wink Wink

Not sure what your meaning by "closed hold", but all those files have been available for download for ages Thumbs Up

Quote:
I hope this helps in getting the Modding efforts for modells underway ...

Didn't realise that it had stopped :hmm: :hmm:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OneShot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramius wrote:
... and (with Jamies blessing)

refers to the cmpUtil and decompress.exe and not the list. However, since those files are designed to modify files made by SCS my primary concern was what they think about them (especially since the readme with the decompress.exe is kinda ambivalent in my eyes). Aside from that, Credit is given where I knew who made the file/utility (if one is missing let me know by PM and Ill add that).

Ramius wrote:
Not sure what your meaning by "closed hold", but all those files have been available for download for ages

Of course if you know whom to ask, but a quick look over at Subgurus didnt brought any results, as well as Subsims download section. This holds especially true for the decompress.exe. Maybe one of the SCX downloads has them as part of the package, but unless you know that (or try it) its not obvious. Now those files are more easily to obtain.

Ramius wrote:
Didn't realise that it had stopped

They might not have entirely stopped, but then you can't say that we are flooded with new modells either ...

Cheers
OS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Mod Workshop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: