Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Weapons Capacity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Mod Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazuaki Shimazaki II

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathblow wrote:
Will you guys stop hijacking my thread :shifty:

Sorry 'bout that. Got a little carried away as soon as I heard that the guy had been on a real Russian submarine - just don't meet this kind every day, you know. Sorry. Wink
Kapitan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM or email me if you want
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kapitain wrote:
crappy harpoons TASM's are a good missile more so than the shipwreck and sunburn but it too lacks range speed and warhead to do major damage to a carrier or cruiser or even destroyer.
id rather go to sea with a gun than a pee shooter and thats what a harpoon is pee shooter
Silly Kapitain...
Example from yesterday, I was fighting a PLAN taskforce of 1 Sovermenny DDG and four other warships (one had SAMs) plus 6 LSTs. Out of 12 TASMs 2 got past their air defenses sinking two LSTs. I then fired four Harpoons, all four made it through sinking a Sovermenny and an LST. Compared to the TASM the Harpoon is much stealthier, warhead doesn’t matter if the missile gets shot down. Wink
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you edit weapons you have to remember that:

1) you can't change the object referenced by the interface

2) you can't change the type of the object: torpedoes have to stay torpedoes, missiles have to stay missiles, etc.

3) if you change the weapons for playables, it effects all platforms to which that weapon is assigned. In order to change a playable weapon without changing the non-playable weapon, you can make a copy of the object and entity and give it all the same parameters of the original and then assign it manually to the launchers of the individual platforms that you want to use the original weapon.
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you edit weapons you have to remember that:

1) you can't change the object referenced by the interface

2) you can't change the type of the object: torpedoes have to stay torpedoes, missiles have to stay missiles, etc.

3) if you change the weapons for playables, it effects all platforms to which that weapon is assigned. In order to change a playable weapon without changing the non-playable weapon, you can make a copy of the object and entity and give it all the same parameters of the original and then assign it manually to the launchers of the individual platforms that you want to use the original weapon.
Deathblow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn

If anyone *does* figure out which lines of the dll. are the ones we need to modify to adjust weapons capacity and weapon selection, please feel free to PM me... as I would be very interested in modding the weaponloadout of the playables for my own use.Yep

... as the game itself is growing quite tiresome and its pretty much the potential to modify the games as seen fit that keeps me interested...

On a side note:

I've recently read that US Subs no longer carry either the Harpoon *or* the TASM..... and if that's the case.... what are they carrying? :hmm:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/ssn-688.htm
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathblow wrote:
On a side note:

I've recently read that US Subs no longer carry either the Harpoon *or* the TASM..... and if that's the case.... what are they carrying? :hmm:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/ssn-688.htm
MK 48s, TLAMs and Mines.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Mod Workshop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: