Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

"Re-born" SH2 player with a couple of problems...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH2 Pacific Aces
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MultiDoc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: "Re-born" SH2 player with a couple of problems... Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I recently started to play again SH2 after a couple of years of absence (bought SH3 already but I'm waiting to upgrade my CPU before installing it Confused ). Anyway, I already donated here to the wonderful effort of the subsim.com gentlemen and downloaded the Hi-Res update and the Pacific Aces add-on.

Unfortunately though, I have encoutered a very annoying and weird problem so far. I' have done a clean install, patched to v1.1, installed the Hi-Res and it's patch and also the soundfx mod. I'm currently playing the original campaign (planing to go for Pacific Aces after I've done that) and I'm in mission 5 "sub-hunt" I believe is it's name. I've fulfilled every objective except for the last one---> "return to base", and while I'm on my way back to home port, all of the sudden when the friendly convoy arrives at it's destination, the game shuts down by itself and I'm back on my desktop :huh: :huh: . I've reloaded and restarted the mission from scratch numerous times and every time I get the same.... :down:

So my question, anyone have any idea what that might be the problem ? Or if there's a known bug, can I go round it and proceed to the next campaign mission without loosing the tonnage ? Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks in advance and hope to hear from you skippers soon.

Regards,

N.
MadMike

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multidoc,
I was having problems with SH2 running on another system, that problem was fixed by tweaking the configuration file.
After I installed PA, my computer would dump. I removed some unnecessary files (about 80 megs) from the PA files and the game now runs great. Unfortunately, I didn't write down what I deleted (wav's, logs, units not used in the game, etc).

Yours, Mike
CB..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm very very rusty on this BUT you should be able to open the mission file in note pad or word pad and delet the return to base objective for this mission meaning you can end the patrol succesfully before the convoy gets home-avoiding the crash--

the mission file will be in campaign files---with an appropiate name tag

they'll be a section in plain language called OBJECTIVES---just delete the return to base one and save
MultiDoc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot gets for your help. I really appreciate it. Well I've actually succeded in returning to base without the game crashing Rolling Eyes , but don't have a clue why it happened... Surprised , didn't change anything, it just didn't crash.. hmmmm. Anyway.

As Mike suggested, I tried to locate the mission file and edit it because I now have the smae problem (mission crashing in the middle of playing it...) and this time it "Fortress Europe", which if I recall correct it must be the one before the last one which kinda aggravates me...

So please if you guys can suggest something in order to proceed I'd be gratefull once more (btw, editing the mission file isn't an option cause I've opened it with notepad but no luck whatsoever, it's almost unreadable...)

Waiting in agony,

Regards,

Nikos

P.S: I've found and downloaded the moded missiuon file for this mission cause it seems that a lot of guys had this problem in the past (mission crashing randomly) with this particular mission, but it still crashes .... Embarassed Crying or Very sad Damn Good news is I got my new CPU upgrade and I'll be installing SH III soon Very Happy I'll buzz you all with questions on that then Smile
Crash Dive

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody had an updated version of the mission that didn't crash out. But I don't remeber where to get it from. But if you do play it watch out for airplane attacks. Their radar CAN detect your snorkel. :huh:
MultiDoc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Crash Dive, I've noticed (the hard way... Embarassed ) about their radar's ability... just a few miles out the post and I'm repairing damage already...

On the other subject, please try to locate that "non crashing" mission file for me, pleeeaaaaaaseeee. I'll be greatfull and in debt to you.

Thanks in advance for your time and help. I'll give it a try again later on today and try to sneak pass the destroyer's at Port Calais tonight (if it doesn't crash again...) and report back.

Cheers,

Nikos
MadMike

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that really annoys me in PA and SH2 are aircraft bombs being dropped a quarter mile away from a Sunderland or Betty. Seems like I fixed the problem by modifying the sim/unit file by adding the following under [Lookout] and [Sonar]

CrewRating= .90

If anyone has input on speeding up torpedo reload times, please let me know.

Yours, Mike
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH2 Pacific Aces All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: