Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Why the focus on WWII naval warfare?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> ENIGMA: Rising Tide
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RidgeRunner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Why the focus on WWII naval warfare? Reply with quote

Did I miss something? I've just come back from a 3-year hiatus from the sub sim genre. I bought my first sim, "Seawolf" many moons ago in one of those bargain bins for about 10 bucks. It was a great game. I then graduated to Janes 688(1) :know: . Really got into the techie stuff on the sub Thumbs Up ...a great sim with great weapons. After I went through all the missions a couple of times, I passed it on to a friend. Recently I went shopping for a new sub sim, and was entrigued by the graphics and realism of Enigma:Rising Tide....now I feel like I'm in the arcade! :zzz: Sure it's got great water dynamics, but c'mon, I'm puttin along at a snails pace with very little technical/intelligence info on my surroundings, and weapons that I have little control of! Is this the future of naval sims? Is everybody going retro? I want a modern sub and the target analysis, and weapons of modern warfare tactics Sad Any pointers? Should I go searchin for a copy of 688?
Hitman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude if you expected Enigma to be a sim about TMA, you really missed by far Rotfl Enigma is a great game, but of course nothing to do with modern sub warfare.

If you want a sim about modern sub warfare, then "Dangerous Waters" from Sonalysts is your choice. On the bargain bin you could probably find still "Sub Command" for 10$, a sim that is really good and even becomes a masterpiece thanks to the many mods available.

Go to subsim Reviews and read about those sims, then run to the shop Thumbs Up

http://www.subsim.com/ssr/dangerous_waters/dangwater_review_page1.htm

http://www.subsim.com/ssr/sub_command/review_sub_command2.htm
RidgeRunner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the great links! The review on "Dangerous Waters" sold me. Thumbs Up Gonna shelve out the 55 bucks for the deluxe edition with the spiral bound manual. I'm gonna pass this Enigma onto one of my students and pick up PT Boats too. I downloaded the trailer. It looks awesome. Rock With the combination I can't go wrong. Again thanks a bunch! Thumbs Up
seed86582

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Next step Reply with quote

So whats the next step, remember, take baby steps before you try to walk Wink.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> ENIGMA: Rising Tide All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: