Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Stock 688 Campaign: Missile Test problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kschang

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Stock 688 Campaign: Missile Test problem Reply with quote

I am having a hard time with this mission getting the full complete score.

I have no problem locating the Udaloy (it's pinging like crazy), or the Akula, and were able to avoid both. Heck, I even went FLANK SPEED at the beginning and that Akula didn't react at all. Was at periscope depth LONG before 11:26. So was I done? Nope.

"Escape detection: Incomplete". Huh? No one got a solid ping on me or followed me. Was I supposed to have escaped off to south by 10 miles or something?

"Photo Missile Test: Incomplete" Huh? I got photo of the launch. I got the missile trail leaving the Udaloy. Heck, I even heard the explosion and watched the A300 hit the water. What do ya mean "incomplete"? What was I supposed to have photo'ed?

Argh!
sonar732

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Stock 688 Campaign: Missile Test problem Reply with quote

kschang wrote:
"Escape detection: Incomplete". Huh? No one got a solid ping on me or followed me. Was I supposed to have escaped off to south by 10 miles or something?

You don't have to be detected by active...there is passive detection and probably happened when you went flank speed. Damn

kschang wrote:
"Photo Missile Test: Incomplete" Huh? I got photo of the launch. I got the missile trail leaving the Udaloy. Heck, I even heard the explosion and watched the A300 hit the water. What do ya mean "incomplete"? What was I supposed to have photo'ed?

Argh!

This is a known issue in Sub Command. I can't remember it right now, but there is a solution. Just do a search within the Sub Command forum for the fix.
MarkShot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever find an answer to this? I cannot seem to accomplish this mission. I have reviewed the goals in the mission editor and do not see what I am doing wrong. A search of the forum did not produce any answers either.

Thanks.
Dakar23

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, what he said Very Happy I'd like to finish this mission to continue my campaign. Help?

Oh, and can my peri be picked up on radar? Or be seen by the enemy?
kschang

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dakar23 wrote:

From what I understand, the answer is YES, periscope CAN be spotted on radar if you're close enough, and it DOES leave a wake on the surface while it's extended.
sonar732

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember right, the SCX fixed this issue. I don't have SCX mod myself.
MarkShot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have SCX installed separately (another copy). However, I was playing the campaign under SC 1.08, since I thought that the campaign was probably designed/balanced for the stock game and not SCXIIc.
Dakar23

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kschang wrote:
Dakar23 wrote:

From what I understand, the answer is YES, periscope CAN be spotted on radar if you're close enough, and it DOES leave a wake on the surface while it's extended.

Only if you're moving does it leave a wake. THe ability to move ina soley vertical direction on this game is awesome for periscope use Very Happy
MarkShot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to put "debug" (report statements) in all the goals to see what is going on. My suspicion is that the airbus is never actually getting killed. Or perhaps, I am being detected. But, then, I'll at least know how and why.
BlackPanther

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Stock 688 Campaign: Missile Test problem Reply with quote

sonar732 wrote:

This is a known issue in Sub Command. I can't remember it right now, but there is a solution. Just do a search within the Sub Command forum for the fix.

Hi,

I did a search, no results. How can this problem be fixed?
Thank You for advice.

Regards,
BlackPanther
MarkShot

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I actually ran my debugging version of the mission playing as Seawolf. However, I suceeded that run through. Perhaps, I was approaching too close on prior attempts.

The "readme" for the patches say that the scenario was fixed as v1.05.
Dakar23

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any good updates on this fix? My campaign is stalled till I figure this out
Dakar23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Any News? Reply with quote

Campaign still on hold.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: