Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

That mission last night (OKO Luftwold Dreaper ect....)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Multiplayer Matchup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kapitan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: That mission last night (OKO Luftwold Dreaper ect....) Reply with quote

............was the best every one had some thing to do well till ya got killed

i did notice OKO's use of sonar bouys making sort of a chain that was a good idea thats what eventualy killed me i didnt know they were there and i ran straight towards them.

eventualy OKO killed me nice shot OKO hehe but not long after i think Luftwolf was hit so the replay showed.

me = total noob to kilo's
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LuftWolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, on the way to get you, the P-3 "accidently" over-flew me for a MAD contact. Damn :dead:

All that ocean and he takes a vector towards you that took him right over me... not much to be done about that. :dead:

Well, that's the life, and death, of a diver in combined arms warfare. Yep Very Happy

Good game guys! Rock Argh
OKO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some correct job on buoy pattern but i was horrible at torps with Orion.
I shouldn't have took the 54's ... was pretty desapointed when I needed to release a third 54 after I saw my target was too deep for the first 2, to catch a MK50 going deeper (I loaded only 2 ...)...
Massive waste of torp ..... That's why you hear all these TIW LW Surprisedp

One of the nice thing I could saw, is also the very nice attack of the Spruance, with 2 MK50, on the Akula.
This Spruance is now a great AI opponent.
The most capable AI ASW ship of DW, and he is even more deadly when using SUBROCS.

During that night, I fired around 16 torps(including AI helo with astac), with only 3 kills (1 from my AI helo)
very poor ratio ....
OKO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuftWolf wrote:
Yeah, on the way to get you, the P-3 "accidently" over-flew me for a MAD contact. Damn :dead:

All that ocean and he takes a vector towards you that took him right over me... not much to be done about that. :dead:

Well, that's the life, and death, of a diver in combined arms warfare. Yep Very Happy

Good game guys! Rock Argh

Don't forget at 320m I won't have a MAD on you LuftWolf Surprised)
I think on this mission, KILO must stay deep as long as they couldn't engage an ennemy ship (FFG, Spruance or the minesweepers), then coming to 150m, firing and 2 solutions =>
1) moving deep again, 320 m, at 11knts (to keep the best speed to listen on cylindrical BB) or even faster to close the mine field to re engage ASAP in best position.
2) moving at 17m and dealing 20minutes with potential arian threat, then diving again to reach a position to engage the minesweepers.

very strangely, I had contact on a south sub (Kapitain I think) with active DICASS at ..... 11.500 yards !! very close to the sensor limits.
I had a real laaaarge picture, So I presume the KILO were side aspect and fast at this time.
But I saw you can pass tough a buoy field with a KILO without beeing detected, even by active, if you are front or rear aspect.
The goal is to plot the active buoys on NAV (localize them exactly with TMA, very easy on a 0knts target) to spent the LESS time possible on other aspect than front or rear on closers active buoys.
The minesweeper map is so large there is real opportunity for russian subs to snake until they could engage the Spruance (they need to engage it as the Spruance defend in area pattern in front of the minesweepers) before engaging the 2 MHCs, very easy targets.
Sonoboy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Spruance got me because I was being ignorant. I launched 2 land attack missiles at a ship, but they went off in a completely different direction.

Also, I'm not very familiar with Russian equipment.
OKO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arff Laughing
KLUB version can cause some trouble, yes, because all missiles are specific to this version.
but LAM is always for land Wink

Anyway, on surface attack, nothing is better than the 53-65K for the chinese KILO.
A pair of them against warships, and single one on civilians.
The ASM missiles are quite efficient, but not so much powerfull and very vulnerable as long as they are not in terminal attack (with increased speed).
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKO wrote:
arff Laughing
KLUB version can cause some trouble, yes, because all missiles are specific to this version.
but LAM is always for land Wink

Anyway, on surface attack, nothing is better than the 53-65K for the chinese KILO.
A pair of them against warships, and single one on civilians.
The ASM missiles are quite efficient, but not so much powerfull and very vulnerable as long as they are not in terminal attack (with increased speed).

In LW/Ami, you'll need two hits for the larger civilians. Remember that oiler I had to hit twice a few days ago? Argh
OKO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molon Labe wrote:

In LW/Ami, you'll need two hits for the larger civilians. Remember that oiler I had to hit twice a few days ago? Argh

exact ...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DW Multiplayer Matchup All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: