Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

WARNING when playing multiplayer

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Multiplayer Matchup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiwi_2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: WARNING when playing multiplayer Reply with quote

Dont i repeat DONT! order your gun crew to "Fire at will" I did this tonight we were in the mission where we attack a port and theres mines, so were all on the surface, im running an IXD2 up ahead my lookout spots a corvette so i order the gun crew on deck and order to fire at will. What should happen? Without me knowing it becuase its night and im busy watching the port i dont realise that my gun crew have aimed the gun at another SUB! and starts fireing!!! after about 5 or 6 shots i realise what has happened. To late the other player swings round and goes ballistic and starts firing at me then lets of a few torps as well, to late to reason with him so i dive only for the host to quit the game, he must of saw whats happening. Anyways the game i joined was full of Germans, and now they all hate my guts and kick me when ever i join a server thats run by germans :down: Its seems that the word got round quick. Now i host my own games. Im still trying to figure out why my gun crew shot at the sub??? If i had manually handle the deckgun none of this would of happened. So a tip: if you have ot use the deckgun in multi, dont order the crew to fire at will, do it yourself.
kiwi_2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh heres a better tip, play with english speaking people they dont get offended if you make a mistake. no offence to the german players but you guys gotta relax man. Very Happy Rock
FAdmiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, don't blame the Germans, they think this game was made
for them. Us other nationalties are just torpedo fodder.
They take offence when we tend to shoot back....

JIM
kiwi_2005

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hey they lose two wars it seems they just can't get over it. anyways changed my online name (all you have to do is setup another email account like hotmail or what eva and u have a new name.

Im playing in the german hosts & they dont even know Rotfl
Uboatace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kiwi, ive had this happen to me also, i asked why they were slapping me about but they didnt reply so i torped them!

I didnt realise it was a bug.

btw where abouts in NZ, Im from Timaru.
kiwi_2005

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi uboatace, we played in one of the missions the other night, your boat apparently got hit in the rudders, Ringer hosted the game. Anyways im from Paeroa north island NZ.
Uboatace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mate didnt put two & two together, i should have realised that was you.

I still enjoyed that game the other night dispite losing my rudders early in the game to friendly torpedos, thats war I suppose.

I seem to spend most of my time avoiding friendly fire in multiplayer
(both torps & deck gun) rather than the destroyers that are hunting me.
kiwi_2005

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i knw what u mean, everyones firing torps and we end up having to avoid them, i and ringer were the only ones left after all the ships were sunk we then decided to take each other on with the deckgun, that was hilarious, i finally got him then turned to ram him : Laughing but he died just before i could.

the servers that were on tonight were all passworded, maybe we should setup password host matches, i got a mate also from the uk who has just brought SH3 hes trying to get it up and running but when he does were going to go password games only.
VON_CAPO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: WARNING when playing multiplayer Reply with quote

kiwi_2005 wrote:
Dont i repeat DONT! order your gun crew to "Fire at will" I did this tonight we were in the mission where we attack a port and theres mines, so were all on the surface, im running an IXD2 up ahead my lookout spots a corvette so i order the gun crew on deck and order to fire at will. What should happen? Without me knowing it becuase its night and im busy watching the port i dont realise that my gun crew have aimed the gun at another SUB! and starts fireing!!! after about 5 or 6 shots i realise what has happened. To late the other player swings round and goes ballistic and starts firing at me then lets of a few torps as well, to late to reason with him so i dive only for the host to quit the game, he must of saw whats happening. Anyways the game i joined was full of Germans, and now they all hate my guts and kick me when ever i join a server thats run by germans :down: Its seems that the word got round quick. Now i host my own games. Im still trying to figure out why my gun crew shot at the sub??? If i had manually handle the deckgun none of this would of happened. So a tip: if you have ot use the deckgun in multi, dont order the crew to fire at will, do it yourself.

Yeap, many players were angry because of this :nope: :nope: :nope:
kiwi_2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i was angry that it happened! It has happend to me 3 times, and i dont accuse them of cheating cos i know what went wrong they ordered the crew to automatically target with the deckgun. After a few shots they realise whats happened.

I never use the deckgun.
kiwi_2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The multi player is pretty lame in SH3. What i mean is i wish our score was recorded, so say John Doe is at the top of the list for the most tonnage, then we would all have a nother objective to our gameplay, which is try and beat the top commander. Im sure in the real uboat war the commander and crew would try to be Top Ace, therefore we should have that option in the game. I mean with SH3 what happens if you sunk 50,000 tonnage... Nothing. Yep everyone will see your name at the end of the match but thats it. Your forgotten when the next game starts. Be good if multiplayer kept online records of our tonnage score.
BobV_07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiwi_2005 wrote:
The multi player is pretty lame in SH3. What i mean is i wish our score was recorded, so say John Doe is at the top of the list for the most tonnage, then we would all have a nother objective to our gameplay, which is try and beat the top commander. Im sure in the real uboat war the commander and crew would try to be Top Ace, therefore we should have that option in the game. I mean with SH3 what happens if you sunk 50,000 tonnage... Nothing. Yep everyone will see your name at the end of the match but thats it. Your forgotten when the next game starts. Be good if multiplayer kept online records of our tonnage score.

Just my 2 cents, but I say we are lucky we got what we got with this beta version. Rolling Eyes

kiwi_2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup true we are lucky to have a multi.
Oh i wish they did make Destroyer Command 2, now back in the SH2 days i use to play over a LAN. One friend would be a destroyer using the Destroyer Command game while i was the Sub using SH2 game, we would hunt each other down. This gameplay BEATS Multiplayer verus AI missions. Play against another Human whos got a Destroyer and bent on sinking your ass, is unspeakable Tense heart-attack marterial!

We use to play whole weekends!

Everyone going on about we need a SH4, yet im quite content with SH3. WHat we need now is Destroyer Command II
Dutch89

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: chat Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Can someone tell me what key tyo use when you want to chat on line in SH3.

I suggest the Germans come live in NZ for a while to relax LOL, its what we are good at - although Amsterdam can have its moments if you find a good cafe

Cheers
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Multiplayer Matchup All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: