Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

There won't be a Sea Dogs 2 - there will be much MORE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Pirates!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terror~of~the~seas

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: There won't be a Sea Dogs 2 - there will be much MORE Reply with quote

Argh!! Me thinks... it's true! I've found this article at www.piratesahoy.net to be some of the most sought after (and best) news that I have heard concerning the making of pirate sims in a long, long time (Pirates!, while a great game, is still just a game - I'm talking a pirate "simulation" baby!)

Argh Check it out: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/ftopic3685.php
Vonotto

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill wait and see if it really comes out or not.
Seeadler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Corsairs 2 or Sea Dogs 2 is called "Age of Pirates" by Akella!

First Screens:
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=22174
america person

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah seems good, but when is it supposed to be realesed, the interview didnt say-or more likely- i missed it
Beery

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else think that Sid Meier's Pirates was but a poor imitation of Sea Dogs? I was very disappointed, and it seemed like so many SMP fans had never even heard of Sea Dogs.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this new game. Akella had a great game system with Sea Dogs, and I can't wait to see what they bring us with this latest version. I just hope it doesn't get bought out and dumbed down like the last game that was originally intended to be 'Sea Dogs 2' was.
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to disgree, if only because Sid's Pirates! is a redo of his original, which has been around at least 15 years, probably more.
TteFAboB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sid Meier's Pirates is definitely a remake of his original game, not an imitation, though both are pirate games, one is a funny little "arcadey" revamped old game while "Sea Dogs" is a more serious "sim" realistic-like adventure.

Sea Dogs 2 (Pirates of the Caribbean) has a mod which brings back the "Sea Dogs" experience, without the vast world, and adds a little "Pirates" (Original) flavour to the mix.

I had some fun with the original "Pirates" years ago and with "SMP" in this decade but I definitely prefer the "Sea Dogs" sim approach, can't wait for "Sea Dogs 3" whatever it's final name will be.
Bertgang

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had great fun with the old Sid Meiers's Pirate, maybe the best game once running on my commodore 64.

The new release is good too, but the graphycs are too cartoon style for my taste.
ShadowWulf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve been looking at pirate games though haven’t actually gone out to buy any yet. From what I can tell from reviews the new Sid Meier’s Pirates is more of an action adventure game than a sim. Most people I have talked to say its not very difficult and once you learn the works you should never loose a battle. This lowered my enthusiasm toward getting the game since I prefer a challenging game. I haven’t looked at sea dogs though. Is it more of a realistic/sim type pirate game or does it follow about the same path as SMP?
Beery

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowWulf wrote:
I haven’t looked at sea dogs though. Is it more of a realistic/sim type pirate game or does it follow about the same path as SMP?

It's very similar to SMP - almost exactly the same in fact, but in my opinion it's a better game because the storylines are less linear and more interesting.
ShadowWulf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, I'll have to get it one day. I'd like to get a pirate game just havent been certain on what to get.
jakal323

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertgang wrote:
I had great fun with the old Sid Meiers's Pirate, maybe the best game once running on my commodore 64.

The new release is good too, but the graphycs are too cartoon style for my taste.

I got the DVD limited edition which included the original PC version. Neat to compare the new version with the old one we've come to love.
america person

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the original pirates is cool....so is SMP...and mail runners are the best, once you get the weather gauge, if not, by bye mail runner....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Pirates! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: