Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

periscope depth

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syndicatedragon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: periscope depth Reply with quote

I made a dummy scenario and was playing around with the voice commands and what not. I was driving a 688i. I gave an order to "go to periscope depth" which set my depth at 67 ft. I was going 5 kts at the time. The radar broke when I tried to raise it. Smile

The manual says (on page 129) that you have to be at "periscope depth" to raise the masts. However, it also says on pg. 37 that in the 688i you have to be at 61 ft.

So, I guess I'm just confused why the order to periscope depth does not equate to being able to raise masts (and also why the manual seems to contradict itself). It seems like the order would be a lot more useful in that case.

Is there any chance I can change the depth that it sets?

Thanks.
Kapitan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope just say make my depth 61 feet thats all periscop depth amazingly is for the periscop just that the radar mast is shorter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DeepSixNiner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong, but I think 5 knots is too fast for your radar mast, the most sensitive of your three masts. I've never busted mine, but I always slow to 2 or 3 knots when using the radar, for a couple of sweeps to find my targets, and then lower it quickly.

Cheers.
fastbikkel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never take ay risk, i go 2 knots when raising anything.

Smug
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Radar depth and speed Reply with quote

I recommend that you go to 58 ft. and make you speed less than 5 kits, 3 would be good.

Luck,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: