Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

[FAQ] Add ships to piers in harbors...in three steps!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mission Designers' Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edpet23

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: [FAQ] Add ships to piers in harbors...in three steps!! Reply with quote

Cool Argh
This is how I've added docked ships to harbor piers, it can be done for single missions and for the campaign_SCR, the steps are the same for both, {This is written assuming you know how to use the mission editor}.

Step 1:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Open or create a mission, choose a harbor and zoom into it with mouse wheel. Then once you zoom in simply select a ship and place it between the piers of the harbor, zoom as close as you can and place the ship dead center between the piers. "Remember your icon represents where the center of the ship will dock on the pier". Once the ship is added, then add ONE waypoint, 700-800m. distance should be sufficient. However make sure the waypoint goes in the heading as the dock.

Step 2:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Right click the ship icon and select properties and set the speed to 5km or above, "I find 9km best". But do make sure it's above 5km. setting any lower will make it more difficult to be precise with the ship's alignment on the pier. Close properties and then right click the ship icon and select "Head to waypoint". This will make the ship face in the correct direction, next open properties again and once again reset the speed to zero "0" km. check "docked ship" and uncheck "Delete on last waypoint " and close properties.

NOTE:
Be sure the "Docked ship" is checked and "Delete on last waypoint" is un-checked!!

Step 3:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now select the single waypoint you added and select "Delete", now all you have is the ship's icon with no waypoint. Now "Validate" the mission but disregard anything it might say regarding waypoints or of ships being to close and stuff, click "close". Now select "File" and "Save", then then select "Save mission".

That's it!
Now you can put U-boats in pens and have C-3 cargo ships under those lage cranes, heck Ive added a FW200 and 2 Me109's flying a search patrol as my U-boat sails out to sea. If you like you can add say a fishing ship leaving the piers and then stopping to fish in a area off to the side or have a patrol or "Schnellboot" patrol the entrance to the harbor and be there upon your arrival.

Those are just a few of the things I've done to both single missions and Campaign_SCR {1.4} with no problems. Argh Rock
Duke of Earl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, clear instructions for the do-it-yourselfers... much appreciated Yep

But, what about the 'anchored' function?... how does that fit in?

Cordialement, Duke of Earl
mjr_health

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you set a ships speed to 0 knots it will sit where you leave it. I found that if any destroyers know you are around they will start moving and chase you where as battleships, aircraft carriers and tankers will stay where they are untill it seems they hear a torp coming there way and then the take off. If yoy doc the ship even in a bay it wont move at all. Funny when you shoot a torp at a stationery target and then just as you think its going to hit the dam thing moves and you mis?? Fun to set an anchred convoy in a bay doing this and watch the fun.
Gizzmoe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, edpet, I have made this thread sticky!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> SH3 Mission Designers' Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: