Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

DSRV -- just circles the place?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kschang

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: DSRV -- just circles the place? Reply with quote

Decided to get back into SC. Installed it and added 1.08 patch. Was playing "Save the Danes". However, i can't seem to locate the sub! I have no problem finding the cavern and I know I have to get out in 2 hours. However, when I release my DSRV it just circles the other contact, then back to me, and NEVER docks to the other sub! I think I was maybe 200 yds away at most (yes, almost touching, according to my TMA). Was I too close or what?
kschang

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out I was indeed too close, but once launched it cannot be recalled. Razz

Tried the mission again, stopped almost 1000 yards away. Waited about 10-15 minutes for the DSRV to dock... Well, it is only moving at 3 knots. It's also dumb enough to only go back to the original spot instead of heading toward me if I moved! Eventually got it complete and escaped the cavern with over 30 minutes to spare.
Syxx_Killer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think I was maybe 200 yds away at most (yes, almost touching, according to my TMA). Was I too close or what?

Whenever I did that mission, I would use the high frequency active sonar to locate the stranded sub..
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: