Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Continue Work

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Continue Work Reply with quote

I know that we all tend to move on, I was stuck on 688i, and I suppose I still think it is the greatest sim produced, and I know DW will develop.
I am asking a very big favor, I would truly appreciate if some of you would continue developing new missions and campaigns for SCXIIc, which through your efforts has become a tremendous sim.
I know some of you are saying-build them yourself dummy-I would but mine look like crap plain and simple.
I am a "Cold War: submariner and 64 years old, I spend a lot of really quality time playing this sim. I don't really think that I am re-living the old days, just it was a major part of my life from 1962-1981, and it is great to play the excellent missions many of you build.
I know it is a big favor I am asking, but if any of you can see your way clear to continue work on SC it would really be appreciated by the like of me.

Thanks for all you done,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)
holyspirit

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

64 yrs old and playing SC and DW? You rocks Rock . What we need is a dynamic campaign with a good background story. I'm no mission designer my missions are all broken :shifty: .
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: 65 in September Reply with quote

I will hit the big 65 in September, but if we ever ran a poll I bet we would find many older people playing these sims.
For all the complaints about the computer, I will say one thing, for older people with the infirmaries of age you can still stay active and keep your mind working using a computer.
I have a friend who is 85, and he is on the computer all the time, in fact that is where I met him, of course I have now met him face to face.
For Sub Vets, like me, these sims provide a lot of enjoyment, especially when the weather here in Idaho keeps me from the river and fly fishing. I love to hunt but the mountains have really gotten taller the last few years and the dam Elk have really gotten heavy.

Still trucken in Idaho, woke up this morning so far so good Thumbs Up

Ron Banks MMCN(SS), USN(Ret)
clive bradbury

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, matelots, I have plans for a dynamic Cold War campaign. Be patient, though, it will be a while...
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Ill be patient Reply with quote

Clive;
I'll be patient it time I am worried about Rotfl , at my age one never knows.
I look forward to trying your campaign.

Thanks,

DeepSixNiner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Sub Sailor.

Not to worry, mate. Plenty of us long-timers here on the SC forum are here to stay.

I am also working on a Cold War campaign, one I've had in the works for just over a year now. I know, sounds ridiculous, but I created each of the missions on their own, just for myself and my father (we're both ex-submariners), and it was his idea to link them together to make a campaign.

The campaign will have at least (not finished yet) 21 different scenarios, and you will command a Skipjack, Permit, Sturgeon, LA Flight I, LA Flight II, and an Ohio SSBN. Missions vary greatly, and you can count on just about every type of submarine warfare the game allows. I based the story-line on an old Naval wargame (boardgame) that my Dad and I used to play called 2nd Fleet.

I've also been working dilligently (for me, dilligently means a few hours a week) on adding new sounds to the SC database. I hope to eventually have a specific and unique sound linked to every submarine in the game, as well as many new sounds for surface ships of different types, biologics, "rumbling ice pack" and "seismic annomoly" sounds, etc. These sounds have made long hours sitting at the sonar station much more enjoyable.

Anyway, just wanted you to know that there are still plenty of us who haven't had our fill of Sub Command. As stated in other posts, Dangerous Waters will probably one day be a better sim than this one, but right now it's no contest, Sub Command is the best modern submarine simulation available.

Cheers.
Amizaur

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sub Command is still a great game, in some things even better than DW (there are many bugs and shortcomings in DW at present). Even better, it can be modified in ways that we can't dream in DW at now (SCU sub changer for example). SC can be still improved, for example with mods for realistic torpedo ranges and guidance wire length simulation. Then there would be much better torp simulation that in DW now! I think SC will live long yet Smile.
Kapitan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sub command is a better game because the diving depth of the akula is accurate also the mods make it more fun too
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: DeepSixNiner;Big Favor Reply with quote

Looking forward to your work, I, with the help of BaronMax, have started trying to design scenarios, still in the infant stage. Long way from posting my efforts.
The favor I would ask- next year is my 25th wedding aniversary- and we would like to visit Victoria, heard so much about it. If you could send me some brochures etc. would really appreciate it. My wife gave me(us) a cruise to Alska for my retirement from teaching, but I had fallen and blew out my ankle, when we docked in Victoria I was on crutches, well the whole trip, so we could not get around much. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I will gladly pay for postage or other expenses.

Thanks,

12739 Vista Ave.
Orofino, Idaho 83544
DeepSixNiner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Sailor.

I just read the post, and would be glad to send you a few things. Living in Idaho, you're not all that far a drive. You'd love the city, and the whole of Vancouver Island, some of the most beautiful scenery in the world, with the mountains, islands and the ocean all meating. I'd highly recommend a fall visit, as this is the time that Vancouver Island truly comes to life.

Cheers.
Kapitan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try something along the lines of crimsion tide senario hunt for red october has been done many a time be good for first mission
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bellman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree every word Amizaur wrote. SCX2 is still a magnificent game- it has both substance and great style. Rock

We owe a huge debt of gratitude to all who laboured to make such a fine simulation. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Kapitan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i agree SCX2C is the best so far i like the hotel and new typhoons as well as the november julliets and echos oh and those virgina's make nice targets too !
Bellman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good hunting Kapitain. :know:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: