Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Rising Tide / SH3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> ENIGMA: Rising Tide
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benetofski

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Rising Tide / SH3 Reply with quote

Having played SH3 probably on a daily basis for the last couple of months - yawn, yawn :doh:

I really needed a break from the (naturally) boring missions and was contemplating firing up my FlightSim again.....

However, I saw 'Enigma Rising Tide' at my local (Staples) business equipment/supplies/computer store- I was shopping for a USB-Jump-Drive - and decided, as I had seen the Enigma RT forum on SubSim to purchase a copy and throw it on my PC....

Wow! It's a really neat little game!

The 'voice command' works really well and I havnt even gotten to (probably) the best part yet (still thinking subs) - driving the ships!!

All in all, I'm having a lot of fun with it! I also like the latest 'gold patch' enhancements... seems like the devs are tuned in to the users!

Bravo! Rock

Now, if only it could be ported across platforms to work under LINUX :hmm:

Thanks for a great game - how come it has been kept so secret?
Jesper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

secret? it has been right here on subsims for years Wink
even at E3 twice Razz

Actually this game runs MUCH BETTER on linux than on Windows :doh: :hmm: this is only 1 limitation, well actually 2 if you have an ATi Card in your linux box.
All you need is Linux and Cedega (Formerly known as WineX), from www.transgaming.com (its not free, you have to subscribe to get it, $5/mo (min 3 months I think they still demands).

Issue #1: Cedega/WineX doesnt support dSound, so the mike wont work. (not 100% sure about Cedega, but their changelog from 3.3x to 4.x doesnt mention any changes to DirectSound).

Issue #2: There is as far as I know not any proper driver for ATi cards to fully enable OpenGL/D3D. (least there wasnt last time I read about ATi's linux Support).

Personally I have tested Enigma on RH FC1 and FC2 and FC3 with WineX 3.3x. (execshield and prelink needs to be off when using WineX 3.3x, shouldnt be needed with Cedega 4.x) and it runs superb, even in windowed mode Very Happy
benetofski

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed

Jesper,

I guess I should read other forums more often!
It certainly seems to have a close following and is a nice alternative to other sims.

Thanks for the information on RH.... I will give it a try Thumbs Up
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> ENIGMA: Rising Tide All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: