Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

MISSION COMPLETE - New sub novel by former CO

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub & Naval Books, Films, and Models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Nichols

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: MISSION COMPLETE - New sub novel by former CO Reply with quote

Summary:

Captain L.S. Wigley, USN (Retired) has written his first novel MISSION COMPLETE which has been published by Publish America. Revolves around terrorist takeover of a U.S. nuclear attack submarine.

For_Immediate_Release:

Commander Bruce Stewart, the commanding officer of the USS JACKFISH (SSN945) attends a highly classified conference where it is revealed that an ultimatum was delivered to the President of the United States from a Soviet/Cuban terrorist group demanding a ransom of money and the disarmament of the United States strategic nuclear weapons arsenal. The ultimatum would be met or the terrorists would launch nuclear cruise missiles from the pirated United States nuclear attack submarine TIGERFISH in five days, Christmas Eve. The missiles would annihilate the cities of Norfolk, Washington, New York and Groton, Connecticuit.

The TIGERFISH had been pirated while at anchor off Piraeus, Greece, the victim of a well executed plan by an integrated Soviet/Cuban team. The submarine was still operated by its American crew who were at present receiving torture and brutality under the guns of the Soviet and Cuban guards.

The options available to the President are to conduct a nuclear preemptive first strike, to honor the ultimatum, or to dispatch Commander Stewart and the JACKFISH to seek out and sink the TIGERFISH.

The President gambles at his best option- Stewart and the JACKFISH.

Captain Wigley, a U.S. Naval Academy graduate, spent twenty-nine years on active duty with most of that time associated with nuclear submarines, including command of a nuclear attack submarine for over four years, command of the submarine repair ship in the Holy Loch, Scotland, and command of the construction and operation of the TRIDENT Submarine Base in Bangor, Washington. This background provided him the knowledge and operational experience to capture all the details necessary to write a best seller.

Responses to date to MISSION COMPLETE has been encouraging. One reviewer commented: "A rare and unique story told by an outstanding Military Leader...his profound knowledge and experience in Naval Operations has qualified him to write a story that 'may or may not be true'. After reading this book, I look forward to a movie that will surely follow."

Further information: Book is available at local bookstores and Amazon.com and Publish America.com, 6"x9", ISBN 1-4137-4913-5, 228pp. $19.19,e-mail:lswigley@aol.com, http://www.publishedauthor.net/lswigley.

For more details: 247 Westhaven Drive, Danville,VA 24541
(434) 822-0804
lswigley@aol.com
August

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know boomers even [i had[/i] anchors! Very Happy
Bill Nichols

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

August wrote:
I didn't know boomers even [i had[/i] anchors! Very Happy

It's called a 'mushroom anchor' (from its shape). It's dropped from the bottom of the hull. U.S. Navy attack boats have them, also.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub & Naval Books, Films, and Models All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: