Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Sub Command Lock Up...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiveGoat

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Sub Command Lock Up... Reply with quote

Hello, all,

I just ordered Dangerous Waters Deluxe and can't wait so I dusted off Sub Command to give myself a little refresher course. I installed the 1.8 patch. scxii and scx iic, and initiated the graphics file.

When I start up everything works fine; the opening film the menus,... Then when I start a campaign with 688i, it loads (red bar left to right) and starts then it hangs up on the map screen. Just freezes. I tried waiting. I then tried CTRL-ALT-DEL. Nothing. Still the frozen. Finally I just turned off the computer. I haven't tried it with other subs but I really wanted to play 688i class and It'll probably be the same with the other models too.

Is there a reason/fix for this? I tried disabling 3d sound and that doesn't work either. My BIG fear is that since DW uses the same/similar engine it'll behave the same way. I pray this isn't the case.

I didn't have these problems when I first got the game (when it first came out). Is it one of the patches? Should I not have initiated the graphics file?

Hmmm....

------Das Goot
"The Goat"
Tozzifan

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink it looks like you did my same mistake, by missing the right setup sequence in installing SCXII: restart SC setup from scratch and read carefully the SCX instructions
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: