Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Option to disable displaying of sigs?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Comments to SUBSIM Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Operator

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Option to disable displaying of sigs? Reply with quote

Hi, Can't seem to find this in the profile options. Am I missing something? They're getting to the point of obnoxiousness.
Drebbel

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Option to disable displaying of sigs? Reply with quote

Operator wrote:
Hi, Can't seem to find this in the profile options. Am I missing something? They're getting to the point of obnoxiousness.

Nope, that is not possible.

Every captain has a ship, every ship has a flag, and every captain proudly flies that flag, Very Happy
JJ

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't comment the looks of the sigs but I wouldn't mind having some kind of guide lines for the maximum size of the sigs.

I mean sigs approaching the size of "1024x768" are a bit annoying to say the least. No matter how good looking.

I think that even my own gibberish down there is at the edge of being a tad too long..maybe. Laughing
zma

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the contrary! You even left out the weather report!
:sunny:

...but I agree about some of the sigs being a touch 'heavy'.
Jesper

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree on the outrageos sizes that some people are using, a sig shouldnt be more than max 65-70px high and 440-460px wide. (or 500 chrs)
Preferly text only.

I would assume that since Neal hasnt set a strict rule is cause he had let people use their own good judgement, it has obviously gone out of hand, and maybe a rule should be applied Smile

There are Mods for phpBB to allow users to "nuke" other peoples avatars and sigs.
Floater

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option (which I use) is to use Firefox as your browser, and then install the Adblock extension to stop intrusive images from loading. It's not just useful for the forum - it's handy for all those damned banner ads too.

And Firefox is a lovely browser - maybe not as good as Opera, but far, far better than Internet Explorer, and much safer too. Thumbs Up
XabbaRus

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christ you should be glad Akula got banned...he had some of the most stupidly huge sigs....
Operator

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floater wrote:
Another option (which I use) is to use Firefox as your browser, and then install the Adblock extension to stop intrusive images from loading. It's not just useful for the forum - it's handy for all those damned banner ads too.

And Firefox is a lovely browser - maybe not as good as Opera, but far, far better than Internet Explorer, and much safer too. Thumbs Up

That last sentence with Opera saved you from a tactical strike Very Happy
Hellcat

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok seeing this topic has given me a bit of a kick in the ass.... I have resized my sig pic to at least 30% smaller and have compressed the image significantly with photo paint.

And to be honest people, if you dont like the sig pictures, or they slow your loading too much give adblock in firefox a go. You can block either the entire domain at which the pictures are coming from or just the individual picture itself. However be warned that if you block too much you will possibly miss content that you wish to view.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Torplexed

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XabbaRus wrote:
Christ you should be glad Akula got banned...he had some of the most stupidly huge sigs....

Ack! You just gave me a flashback of Vin Diesel and the Scorpion King some 600 pixels wide and loading slow on my old Trintron monitor. Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Comments to SUBSIM Review All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: