Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Interested in new realistic torpedo mod ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amizaur

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Interested in new realistic torpedo mod ? Reply with quote

What about a mod in which range of torpedo is dependant from it's speed and depth of run, max speed is reduced at great depths, and a finite guidance wire is simulated ? I finally managed to complete this, it works very well for me, so maybe will work for you. You may try if it's any good. Details and demo mods at:

http://www.tknet.pl/~amizaur/DangerousWaters/Amizaur%20Torpedo%20Mods%20for%20SC&DW/

What changes do this mod:

Changes concerns only human player launched ADCAPs in SC/SCX, and all ADCAP torpedos in DW. Other types of torpedos are unchanged. This is only demonstration on example of ADCAP torpedo. For SC this is a modified SCX2c Torp_ADCAP doctrine, for DW it's modified standard DW Torpedo doctrine.

1. Range of the torpedo depends from it's speed. At 40kts the ADCAP has a range of 27nm, and for 55kts it shorts to 22nm. Range is calcualted by actual torpedo fuel and fuel flow/usage simulation.

2. Speed and range of the torpedo decreases with increasing depth. At the
surface range and speed is as above, but deeper the torpedo runs, lower it's max speed and higher fuel usage.
At it's max depth of 2500ft max speed is 38.5kts and range 15.4nm, max range at this depth is about 19nm in Sub Command mod, in Dangerous Waters mod minimal speed is not restricted so it's possible to reach more at very low speeds.

3. Max active homing speed is 55kts, and max passive homing speed is 40kts. Passive torpedos after enable automaticly slows down to 40kts for searching and homing. No more 55kts passive torpedos in SC.

4. The torpedo guidance wire of finite length is simulated. For ADCAP wire
lenght is set to 20.000ys (10nm). When the torpedo reaches this range, the simulated guidance wire is "broken" and torpedo is efectively out of control, it enables and no longer respond to enable/preenable and course change commands. No more 55.000yds wire guided shots, wire guidance works at ranges under 10nm. There is still possible to shutdown such torpedo, I can't disable this.

Please try it and report me any problems.

Regards for SCX team! Smile
Amizaur

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that you SC guys don't want to have much better torpedo simulation than DW have ? Wink This mod works much better in SC than in DW, there are still some problems in DW version...
SeawolfMikee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded and installed this torpedo mod. I like it and find it interesting.
caymanlee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! Smile
i like the realistic things
blackshark

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: electric torps depth independent?? Reply with quote

QUOTE from modified Torp_adcap.txt <
Depth effect should be disabled for electric torpedos and the Mk-50, it's engine is independent from the outside water pressure and depth.>

why is it that the speed of electric torps are unaffected by depth? I was under the impression that the water pressure at that depth caused the fish to slow down. But reading this it sees to be more of the working of the propulsion unit that is affected by the depth.
So what is it that actually slows down the ADCAPS at greater depth?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: