Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Torp depth behavior?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkShot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Torp depth behavior? Reply with quote

SC 1.08e (no mods)

I was doing some experimenting with torp depth behavior in shallow water ops.

The MK-48s seem to stay at OS depth until they are enabled. This is, of course, a problem if firing the torp in shallow water where the bottom is rising and your sub is already on the bottom. Of course, comming to 70 feet to shoot is not a problem, but does require slowing down which means that you will achieve less lateral displacement from your launch vector than you would have had firing at a depth of say 205 feet.

Now, The Bluebook v20 says that you can briefly enable the torp to force it to the preset run depth and then pre-enable it before anyone hears it pinging. I have tried this, but it appears to return to OS depth as soon as it is pre-enabled again.

Does anyone have more information about this? Is the behavior which the Bluebook describes only applicable to SCX?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question. never realised the torp goes back at OS depth onve pre-enabled. Btw do you got DW yet? Realism takes a few hit......hope patch will fix them.
MarkShot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I actually have had SC since it came out, but only dabbled in it a few times.

But now, I have gotten interested in the game (initially sparked by the DW release).

With 1.08e/SCXIIc/SCU and Sub Guru has about 150 scenarios/campaigns available. I don't feel any pressing need to purchase DW. I think I am going to play and experience SC and SC/SCX/SCU for now. Perhaps, I'll get DW after I have exhausted SC and DW has been patched/modded.

I, also, just start playing AOD Expansion 1.2. SHIII got me interested. Took a lot of work to install and get running under XP, but it looks like a lot of fun if you don't fixated on the old graphics.

* The truth is I have at least 5-7 games installed that really interest me, but barely have sufficient free time to devote to one of them. Sad
Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember rightly, with SCX installed if you set the floor depth of the torpedo to a shallower depth than your sub it should automatically run at that preset depth. Prior to SCX it does what you describe.

Nemo
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: