Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

'Run Silent, Run Deep' or 'Das Boot'?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub & Naval Books, Films, and Models
View previous topic :: View next topic  

'Run silent run deep' or 'Das Boot'?
'Run silent run deep' is the better submarine book.
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
'Das Boot' is my favorite sub book.
53%
 53%  [ 23 ]
You really can't compare the two because .....
25%
 25%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 43

Abraham

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: 'Run Silent, Run Deep' or 'Das Boot'? Reply with quote

Yattky wrote:
Anyone have read the novel titled "Clear the Bridge!" wirtten by Richard O'kane?? Is this good or bad and easy to read for non-native English speakers like us?? :hmm:

Dick O'Kane was not only one of the famous sub captains of the US Navy, he's also a great story teller. His book is not difficult to read when English is not your mothers tongue and very interesting.
Enjoy Yattky!
Thumbs Up

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Run Silent, Run Deep' or 'Das Boot'? Reply with quote

Abraham wrote:
Yattky wrote:
Anyone have read the novel titled "Clear the Bridge!" wirtten by Richard O'kane?? Is this good or bad and easy to read for non-native English speakers like us?? :hmm:

Dick O'Kane was not only one of the famous sub captains of the US Navy, he's also a great story teller. His book is not difficult to read when English is not your mothers tongue and very interesting.
Enjoy Yattky!
Thumbs Up

OK, I checked this book on Amazon Japan, and it costs JPY1,674.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/0891415734/qid=1108148645/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_8_1/250-0096100-4740228
I think it's a little bit expensive but it's worthy to read.
I know O'Kane, Abraham! :know: He was a great captain and sank 31 Japanese ships(228,000tons). But he was taken POW and was tortured in the prison(deeply sorry about that...). I watched the History Channel and I knew the fact....
Yattky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Run Silent, Run Deep' or 'Das Boot'? Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Abraham wrote:
Yattky wrote:

Enjoy Yattky!
Thumbs Up

OK, I checked this book on Amazon Japan, and it costs JPY1,674.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/0891415734/qid=1108148645/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_8_1/250-0096100-4740228
I think it's a little bit expensive but it's worthy to read.
I know O'Kane, Abraham! :know: He was a great captain and sank 31 Japanese ships(228,000tons). But he was taken POW and was tortured in the prison(deeply sorry about that...). I watched the History Channel and I knew the fact....

OOOPS! Surprised Surprised Surprised
Above post is written by me, Yattky! Not a guest!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub & Naval Books, Films, and Models All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: