Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Assigning targets

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Assigning targets Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to assign a ship to destroy a target? I have tried the "attack" command but does not seem to work. I tried changing the "rules of engagement." I want to be able to have two targets one for me and another target for someone that is on the same side as I am. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Assigning targets Reply with quote

Kirk wrote:
Does anyone know how to assign a ship to destroy a target? I have tried the "attack" command but does not seem to work. I tried changing the "rules of engagement." I want to be able to have two targets one for me and another target for someone that is on the same side as I am. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

I assume you're speaking about mission design. I'm not exactly experienced at using the editor, but I'm pretty sure that, for any platform, the "attack" and "track" options can only be assigned to ONE target. To get your AI platform to attack two targets, you should place two hostile platforms (hostile meaning on a different Side and under Wartime ROE) within the senor range, and assign a tactic like "transit search" or something like that. When the AI platform detects the hostile platforms, it should attack them.
Kirk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: In responce to suggestion above Reply with quote

OK. I have tried that. Nothing. Recap: Here is the playing field. I have two bad guys(RED TEAM), I have two good guys(BLUE TEAM.) On the BLUE TEAM there is myself and and an aircraft carrier. I want the aircraft carriew to kill one of the bad guys(RED TEAM) while I take care of the other.

Every time I have tried to set it up and play it, the other good guy either destroys both of them or none of them. Now with that WAR TIME feature ON and even with an assign target it still destroys both and with that WAR TIME feature OFF, it will do nothing. Am I missing something here?
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: In responce to suggestion above Reply with quote

Kirk wrote:
OK. I have tried that. Nothing. Recap: Here is the playing field. I have two bad guys(RED TEAM), I have two good guys(BLUE TEAM.) On the BLUE TEAM there is myself and and an aircraft carrier. I want the aircraft carriew to kill one of the bad guys(RED TEAM) while I take care of the other.

Every time I have tried to set it up and play it, the other good guy either destroys both of them or none of them. Now with that WAR TIME feature ON and even with an assign target it still destroys both and with that WAR TIME feature OFF, it will do nothing. Am I missing something here?

I might be a bit out of my element here. I'm not sure there is a way to get the carrier's aircraft to kill only one target on the same side. Perhaps someone more experienced can correct me.

Too bad you can't assign war time status specifically against one side and not another...then you could create four sides and have the carrier and the target ship at war with each other, but not against other ships.
Kirk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Responding to Above Reply with quote

Woooooe! You just gave me and idea. You can have up to 7 sides. Hmmm. I have to rethink this now.
Kirk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Add on from post above Reply with quote

Well I tried making each boat a different side, including mine and made each one in WAR TIME. If you could please recap what the WAR TIME option is? I seem to have lost my book so I forget.
MaHuJa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Add on from post above Reply with quote

Kirk wrote:
Well I tried making each boat a different side, including mine and made each one in WAR TIME. If you could please recap what the WAR TIME option is? I seem to have lost my book so I forget.

The SC paper manual was nearly worthless (at least to me) perhaps except as paper to light up firewood. I think it's still in the box though. There's a pdf on the cds which should AFAIK cover even more. Not that i think this is covered.

Essentially, "peacetime" is "do not spend weapons".
So that won't help you much.

What might help, is being a bit more specific with the planes being launched. Create inflight aircraft (optionally, give a launch time) and put them to "attack"
MaHuJa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Add on from post above Reply with quote

MaHuJa wrote:
Essentially, "peacetime" is "do not spend weapons".

One more thing, at least in SC, it doesn't have any effect on aircraft launched from other platforms (carrier planes, frigate heloes, airport planes, etc)
Kirk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: No luck Reply with quote

Ahhh! This is driving me crazy. I know it is silly but I still can't get the other boat to attack just one target. With WAR TIME on it attacks all ships. With WAR TIME off, it does nothing. Is the WAR TIME feature to be turned on to all sides doing battle or what? Help.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: