Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Outdiving torpedoes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would have liquids like ‘otto fuel’ or hydrogen peroxide so not pure water in its fuel tanks.
MaHuJa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, any non-compressible liquid will do, but I was thinking outside any 'fuel tanks'.

(Fill a sub with water and you can go as deep as you want without imploding.
OptimusX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In SCXIIc, i just looked it up, the UGST has a max depth of 650m, sufficient enough to reach the Seawolf, but as Molon mentioned the floor setting tops off at 594m.

The AI versions of weapons function differently from the player weapons, as the "computer AI" doesn't perform presets and wire guide their weapons, so when the AI fires a UGST it will be able to reach 650m if need be.

The question is, when the player fires a UGST, can it reach the Seawolf at 2200ft, even though the presets are coded no further than 1958 feet?

I tried setting up a mission where the seawolf is transiting at 2200 ft, and I would try and sink her with a UGST. However, the mission would not let me give it a depth beyond 1900 ft.

It would be interesting to test this out in multiplayer.
Molon Labe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OptimusX wrote:
In SCXIIc, i just looked it up, the UGST has a max depth of 650m, sufficient enough to reach the Seawolf, but as Molon mentioned the floor setting tops off at 594m.

The AI versions of weapons function differently from the player weapons, as the "computer AI" doesn't perform presets and wire guide their weapons, so when the AI fires a UGST it will be able to reach 650m if need be.

The question is, when the player fires a UGST, can it reach the Seawolf at 2200ft, even though the presets are coded no further than 1958 feet?

I tried setting up a mission where the seawolf is transiting at 2200 ft, and I would try and sink her with a UGST. However, the mission would not let me give it a depth beyond 1900 ft.

It would be interesting to test this out in multiplayer.

I just had a one-person LAN party in my room with my two computers. I dove the Seawolf to 2200 ft on one computer while using the other to drive an Akula. Unlike in the AI example eariler, this UGST could not dive deep enough.

Side note: I used to think the Seawolf only implodes at 2260ft. Apparently, this is the depth that it immediately implodes at. At 2200 feet, it just takes some time.... Embarassed
OptimusX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your testing Molon Labe, this provides great insight into the MP game.

LOL, I'm just glad that implosion didn't happen to you in a live match.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: