Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

SH3 heavey Sys requirements

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Comments to SUBSIM Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eweber

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: SH3 heavey Sys requirements Reply with quote

Well, I for one noticed from the gamer previews that SH3 is going to require some serious computer horsepower....

Looks like we'll need a P4 with at least 2ghz cpu and a 128mb video card... I guess I'll finally have to upgrade my squeaky 550mhz system that I currently run SH2 on...... Yikes! Rolling Eyes

Can't limp along any longer....

Wink ew
Mechman

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to one of the guys showing it, and he said it wouldn't be too demanding. Despite that, you'll want a GeForce 3 or so, minimum.
mystery meat

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind how many astounding games you will be able to enjoy with a solid computer. The future is here, and it is good.
Sea Demon

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess I'm just going to have to upgrade my computer. I sure hope the little lady agrees. Smile

Sea Demon
rik007

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if they already optimized the game for using system resources. Maybe you need therfor a 2Ghz Pentium by know but after the optimization less will be required.
Mechman

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way, it's upgrade time for me. A new ATI, a 550 watt power supply, an audigy sound card.....I'm gonna be ready.
Elder-Pirate

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a souped up "Alienware" with a Nvidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra 256MB under the hood just waiting for a drag race with "Silent Hunter lll". Yep
McBeck

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those specs just shows that the game graphicly is mathing other new top games.

I for one, am pleased witn those specs
Sulikate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the devs about the necessity of high requirements, Thumbs Up but I think there is a logical (and pratical) limit to the requirements to allow all of the skippers around here to be able to play SHIII with an resonable framerate and LOD.

-512 megs at least :huh: ?!? I just bought my 512mgDDR RAM, and it wasn't cheap.

-1.4GHZ Processor. Sounds resonable to me, but I keep asking myself if the BEST: I mean BEST naval sim needs soo much our machines. There are a lot of games (like DW, or IL2) These are (or will be at DW's case) great games, graphically and game-play related, but they don't need soo much of our poor machines...

-64Megs Video Card (NON MXSERIES): About the mx series, I have to argue some things: I just bought an GeForce 5200 128megs FX, but I bought her BECAUSE OF SHIII. Why? Because I had an GF4 440 MX (I think it is one of the most popular Video Cards), I it also costed me a lot of cash.

I think SHIII will be the best sub sim ever Yep , but I desagree the necessity of so HUGE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS, thats so Stare .

ps: I'd better hury to the nearest computer shop... I need a new processor(mine is an Athlon XP 2000+ 1.2GHZ speed) :nope: ... more cash away...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Comments to SUBSIM Review All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: