Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Stalingrad, Amazing Film.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub & Naval Books, Films, and Models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XabbaRus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Stalingrad, Amazing Film. Reply with quote

By the same people who made Das Boot, shows the Stalingrad war from the perspective of German troopers, very ground up.

Amazing story focussing not on set battles but the horror and loneliness of the campaign.
Ky3Mu4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes its great movie, i bought it a month ago on DVD - 2 DVDs box, second one is a documentary.
Pigfish

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised I read "Enemy at the Gate" a while back and would love to see an accurate rendition of this terrible cruel battle.

Is it dubbed or subtitled in English yet? Never heard of it...
JJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great film. I've got it as VHS for ages. Been looking for a DVD version quite some time now.

Btw, some of the winter scenes were shot here in Finland. I remember it making the national news by the time: "Germans shooting war movie in Lapland." Very Happy
nikimcbee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigfish wrote:
Surprised I read "Enemy at the Gate" a while back and would love to see an accurate rendition of this terrible cruel battle.

Is it dubbed or subtitled in English yet? Never heard of it...

It's both Laughing It has a typical German ending. Confused But that wasn't a surprise. I own it on DVD Thumbs Up
porphy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Had to mention a very good film concerning the war on the east front (in my opinion). It's "Come and See" from 1985, directed by Elem Klimov. Be ready for a rough ride... The war seen from a russian boy's perspective. This is what war is like for a civil population and it also shows what happens with many people fighting a war as soldiers on ground. If Stalingrad was Hell on earth, the countryside in Come and See sure was the gateway. (No submarines though, but well worth to see.) Link to Internet movie database:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091251/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxzZz0xfGxtPTIwMHx0dD1vbnxwbj0wfHE9Y29tZSBhbmQgc2VlfGh0bWw9MXxubT1vbg__;fc=1;ft=20;fm=1

Cheers Porphy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've seen that movie before, but it's been awhile.
nikimcbee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

porphy wrote:
Hi

Had to mention a very good film concerning the war on the east front (in my opinion). It's "Come and See" from 1985, directed by Elem Klimov. Be ready for a rough ride... The war seen from a russian boy's perspective. This is what war is like for a civil population and it also shows what happens with many people fighting a war as soldiers on ground. If Stalingrad was Hell on earth, the countryside in Come and See sure was the gateway.

I think I've seen that movie before, but I'm not remembering it. :dead:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub & Naval Books, Films, and Models All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: