Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Cold War submarine : The design and construction of ....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub & Naval Books, Films, and Models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSgalileo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Cold War submarine : The design and construction of .... Reply with quote

Cold War submarine : The design and construction of US and soviet submarines.
Norman Polmar & K.J. Moore. Ed. Brasseys, 2004.
This book is a must for all submarine lover, I get it on amazon for Christmas and I read the 400 pages in one week.
This book describe in 20 chapiters (with at the end of all of them an asbract and a summary table) + 4 appendixes the ways chosen by US and soviet/russian in the construction of submarines since 1945.
They all begin with the type XXI but there concepts diverge early. Each chapter is focus on a particular kind of sub from the diesel to the AIP, the 4th generations of nuclear submarines, SSN, SSBN, midgets, weapons and the sub never build (aircraft carrier, cargo, ....) wtih technical and historical details, interview of enginners (both us and soviet). The illustrations are present on most page (more than300 photos and drawings for 400 pages).
I love this book Very Happy and for only 60US$ (50 euros) it worth the price twice.
PaCInO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this book to , One of the Best Smile!! ...must for all submarine lover .. you got it Galileo !!
Pole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Cold War submarine : The design and construction of .... Reply with quote

MSgalileo wrote:
for only 60US$ (50 euros) it worth the price twice.

Hm, it is a bit pricey, isn't it ? Rolling Eyes

Pole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for 400p, 300 photos and a good text. I prefer spend 50euros in that book than those scrap from jeff rovin like tempest down the worst ever book on submarine I read in my life . Even if you receive it as a gift put it on trash :down: :down:
MSgalileo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the guest up is MS Galileo (i didn't know that guest can post in the forum).

Last edited by MSgalileo on Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
for 400p, 300 photos and a good text. I prefer spend 50euros in that book than those scrap from jeff rovin like tempest down the worst ever book on submarine I read in my life . Even if you receive it as a gift put it on trash :down: :down:

Sure, I'd rather spend it on something good but nonetheless it is not peanuts Sad
Oh, well, when I finish my PhD I'm gonna buy it as one of gifts for myself Yep Thumbs Up

Pole
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub & Naval Books, Films, and Models All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: