Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Help on three scenarios.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Help on three scenarios. Reply with quote

I am playing SCXIIc and I have ran into a problem with three scenarios.
1. Alpha incident-I closed to within 600 yds looked through the scope and sonara contact took pictures and never did resolve the scenario. Can any body tell me what I did wrong.

2. Sublant 1-This is where your detect and trail a Delta III, I did it but I kept waiting for a notification to break off trail the 2nd critical goal, but I never got it. The Boomer keeps trucking along on the same course mostley and speed varies between 7-13 kts, and depth stays cosntant at 328 feet. MY questionis when do you break trail. You have to run to fast for the floating wire, and if you slow down and get proper depth you lose the trial so what do I do? I stayed until the Kilo which I knew was around fired at me.

3. Rolling Boulder 1- Mining operation. I approached the mine line was not detected marked where I wanted to set the 4 mines and launched first two, they ran our out about 1.5-2 miles and settled. I used both the manual and the USNI for guidance; manual says 11.5 nm for range the USNI says 16 KM I chose 7nm for launch point slowed to one kt and launched, as soonas they were running I closed doors and loaded the other 2, and then when I saw my mines planted way early. I will say this was my first attempt to plant mines in SCXIIc, but I can't find any directions except that in the manual.

Can anyone help me please.

Thank You,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)
NefariousKoel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stock campaigns get jacked up on the SCX install for some reason. I started fixing the Akula ones at one point but I haven't ironed the last couple scenarios out for it yet.

The US campaign hasn't even been touched yet. Confused
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: I must plead ignorance Reply with quote

Sir I appreciate your help, but apparently I failed to communicate properly or my ignorance is coming to the fore.
None of these scenarios, I believe are stock, I think they are desinged by members, and none invove the Akula.
While I appreicate your response, the only one I have recieved, it does not address my problem.
Is there some place I can turn for help. I have posted request before for scenarios and never hear anything, so if I am not posting in the proper forum or in the wrong format, please notify me and I will make the change.

Respectfully,

Scion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the mines, you need to be at the proper depth, if I recall correctly. If you are too deep, the mine runs at that depth, and crashes into the seabed, and settles there.
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Thank you on the mines Reply with quote

Scion;
Ok because I was deeper than the mine line and should have seen that my self Embarassed Embarassed .
Now that takes care of that one. I sure hope someone can help me with the other two.

Thank you very much, Thumbs Up

MaHuJa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Help on three scenarios. Reply with quote

Sub Sailor wrote:
I am playing SCXIIc and I have ran into a problem with three scenarios.
1. Alpha incident-I closed to within 600 yds looked through the scope and sonara contact took pictures and never did resolve the scenario. Can any body tell me what I did wrong.

Who knows... the "take pictures" goals have been f*cked for a long time, nearly everywhere, that I have noticed.

Quote:

2. Sublant 1-This is where your detect and trail a Delta III, I did it but I kept waiting for a notification to break off trail the 2nd critical goal, but I never got it. The Boomer keeps trucking along on the same course mostley and speed varies between 7-13 kts, and depth stays cosntant at 328 feet. MY questionis when do you break trail. You have to run to fast for the floating wire, and if you slow down and get proper depth you lose the trial so what do I do? I stayed until the Kilo which I knew was around fired at me.

I haven't played this mission myself. However, too fast for floating wire is just about never a problem - slow down for a few minutes, then speed up later to catch up on what you lost. Or if speeding down is not an option at all, you can use your antenna at whatever speeds you can reach if you put your sail above water. This happens some 10 ft above PD. (Careful of cavitation. As well, there's the "cavitation speed limit" that limits your speed near the surface.)

Losing a trail, when you're almost certain to pick it right up again, isn't a big deal either, imo. (If the tracker is still assigned, it will happen automatically in SC. A small tip here is to see the demon to find the actual "signal strength". As long as the demon sees a signal, you're tracking it, even if it's invisible in both broadband and narrowband.
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

MaHuja;
So you don't give me much of a chance to complete the Alpha incient, do you know anyone who has? If I rammed it would that work Damn Joking

I will go back to Sublant and try again, I guess I could take out the Kilo, but I figured it would give me away. I am prettty sure I am suppose to avoid detection.

Thanks for your help,

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: