Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Sublant 1

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sub Sailor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Sublant 1 Reply with quote

I need some help. I cannot figure out how to resolve this scenario . I detect and track the Delta IV, that is half the assignment, and then I am to break trail.
Here is my problem, I track at 1000-1400 yards, at 328 feet, and speed varies between 7 and 14 knots, on a fairly steady course to the southwest. You are suppose to maintain communications but that is not possible to do. You are at 328 feet and going to fast for the floating wire, although I tried that for short periods not losing contact with the Delta. Myquestionis when do I break the trail and is there suppose to be a message or just a time to to trial. I trailed for 5 hours last night-game time, until the Kilo that had been lurking south fired to fish at me. Taht is when I terminated the scenario.
Another question Atlantic Freeze, are the star system(difficulty) labeled wrong-1 and 2 are 3 stars and easy #3 is 1 and you face about a third tof the Russian Navy with oreders to sink 3 key elemnts, I got sunk. ! and 2 are simple detection off friendly units and easy, they are one star, don't know about 4 and 5 yet.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Sub Command All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: