Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

AI improvements over SC

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: AI improvements over SC Reply with quote

Has AI changed in DW over SC.

Or will the AI(SCX) still detect you at 3.5 miles and shoot off a torpedo while doing 28 knots?
Thomasew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused

Huh! .. if the AI in DW is half as good as the AI in SCX, .. it'll be twice as good as the AI in SC. .. Confused

Cheers
Tom
Angle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the aggresiveness of the AI in SCX. But have issues with AI sensors not degrading to nothing at max speed. Problably a hardcoded issue with how and when they detect....
jsteed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Huh! .. if the AI in DW is half as good as the AI in SCX, .. it'll be twice as good as the AI in SC. ..

Amen Thumbs Up

cheers, jsteed
Angle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angle wrote:
I like the aggresiveness of the AI in SCX. But have issues with AI sensors not degrading to nothing at max speed. Problably a hardcoded issue with how and when they detect....

I don't know for sure what it is but I have been trying to reproduce the situation of a max speed Rubis detecting and firing at me with no luck. Anyaways. The situation that got my attention was I created a mission under the icepack that had me(thresher) and a friend (akula2) pitted against 6 French subs.

During the mission I was doing 8 knots decided to slow down a do a course change so I did a left full rudder but instead of going 1/3 I hit all stop and was payting too much attention to sonar. well anyways. when I drop to around 2 knots I clipped the array and effectivly blinded myself (oops). So I decided, instead of disengaging and running away, to surface up into the icepack and sit the mission out(and eat lunch).

Well my friend shot several UGSTs at a Rubis that was positioned between him and I which cause the Rubis to go evasive and run my direction. Anyway.. When the Rubis got within 3.5 miles of me, with a torpedo on his tail, decided to shoot an f17.

Not sure how he detected me as I've created mission with a Rubis doing high speed and not detecting me. Was it because he was in evasive mode? Doctrine issue?

All the information was gathered at the end of mission via debrief and replay.
Three14

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forget if there were going to be different levels of AI ability. Even though you could design missions clearly favoring the player, I'm worried that a supremely capable (as in, extremely aggressive and quick to react) AI would be a major deterrent to newbies...hoping DW has some.

A lot of that could be addressed in mission design, though.
MSgalileo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a news, Rubis under icepack!! sorry to tell you but Rubis can't go under ice.
Angle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSgalileo wrote:
This is a news, Rubis under icepack!! sorry to tell you but Rubis can't go under ice.

Obviously it can. Because I put it under ice and there it was. I'll make a few more missions with Rubis under this ice in your honor.
Scion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With SCX, it can, in real life, it cant.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: