Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Multiplayer Question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who gets the NAV screen? Is this viewable by all players with the menus disabled? Or does Ship Control (The most likly person) solely get it?
Looney11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't a must, its build in for those who want to.

Also, its one of the first sims to do this kind of gameplay. In the MMORPG of these days you build corps or guilds to achieve a common goal. The multistation is somewhat of the same nature, you work together as a team to achieve a common goal.

As well as DW being a sim, the multistation aspect of its gets it even closer to RL than just you in command of an AI crew or doing it all by yourself.

I remember in F15 strike eagle 3 it was possible to be either the pilot or the wizzo. I enjoyed it very much playing it over a null-modem cable with my brother in the other room.

I'll be defenitly trying this new feature and hope i'll like it a smuch as i did it in the strike eagle days.
Savages_Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Hey All Reply with quote

"I see your point. I wonder what will happen when a person drops? Will his station become locked or will it roll to the next guy?"

Good question never thought of that yet, hopefully the station will open up or maybe even a dialoge could come up and you could assign a new player to the station, but that might interupt things so it might be better to have it auto assign someone or something.

My question was if there is going to be miltistations how are people of the same ship/sub going to communicate with one another in privacy? will there be a voice chat feature or a chat channel only for people on the same platform?

Wolfy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bottomfeeder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scion wrote:
Who gets the NAV screen? Is this viewable by all players with the menus disabled? Or does Ship Control (The most likly person) solely get it?

I hope that everyone can view one another's screens - just that only the player assigned can actually interact with their screen. In this way, the multistation crew can be used to train new players. Not really easy to help someone get the hang of sonar if they can't see the same screen that you are looking at.

And while I am excited about multistation play - I think that the multiplatform play is going to be SO much bigger. I like to live and die by my own decisions and mistakes, and manning all stations keeps the game pace more toward frantic (and fun) for me.
MaHuJa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scion wrote:

I believe everyone will have the NAV screen, but the things you can do there is probably a good bit more limited than when alone on the platform. After all, you can activate nearly any function from there. Ok, a lot. Well, some...

Bottomfeeder wrote:

I hope that everyone can view one another's screens - just that only the player assigned can actually interact with their screen. In this way, the multistation crew can be used to train new players. Not really easy to help someone get the hang of sonar if they can't see the same screen that you are looking at.

*shudders* You are aware of the data amounts and lag sensitivity that would introduce, aren't you? I agree though, it would be useful for teaching. Hmmm... app sharing in netmeeting or similar, could that be used for it?

Quote:

And while I am excited about multistation play - I think that the multiplatform play is going to be SO much bigger. I like to live and die by my own decisions and mistakes, and manning all stations keeps the game pace more toward frantic (and fun) for me.

On the other hand, relying on, and trusting your teammates...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: