Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Training Material

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NSSN777

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Training Material Reply with quote

I, like everyone is waiting for DW to be released. In the meantime, I'm trying to go to school on the art of ASW. I own 688 and SC. I'm currently on deployment to Kosovo. I won't be home for a couple of months and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good reading as far as tactics go. I'm somewhat familier with the manual and sub stations. I've downloaded the Seawolves manual and the MP manual on the downloads page, but if anyone has anymore, please let me know. This also goes for publications. Tactics are my main focus. I'm currently going through Amazon.com looking for some books. Any ideas.

Thanks again for keeping this sim alive.
NSSN777

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Also... Reply with quote

Are the main leagues planning on promoting multi-crew boats. There was a time I was a member of the Seawolves, and we were responsible for a boat. With the MP capiblity of DW are they going to have "crews"? If so, I'm in, if not and anyone would like to start one, please let me know.

Thanks
NefariousKoel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Nichols keeps a good list of files for everything SubCommand on his site.

www.subguru.com

Tactics manuals, missions, etc. from various people are there.
NotAgain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Also... Reply with quote

NSSN777 wrote:
Are the main leagues planning on promoting multi-crew boats. There was a time I was a member of the Seawolves, and we were responsible for a boat. With the MP capiblity of DW are they going to have "crews"? If so, I'm in, if not and anyone would like to start one, please let me know.

Thanks

That's the setup I am looking for as well. I'm relatively new to sub sims. Played some 688/I and just started Sub Command. Being able to crew on a boat with some experienced players would be a great way to learn how to play these games the right way.
Sea Demon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to play on a multi-player boat. But I would have to limit it to 3 people so that there's enough for a person to do or focus on. I couldn't imagine sitting at the radar station for 4 hours. Rolling Eyes

Sea Demon
NSSN777

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Listen, I'm currently on deployment, but I would like anyone's contact info that would be interested in multistation play. Maybe we could go ahead and start bouncing ideas for the best way to run the boat. This is going to be great! Thanks SCS!!

brandonpye2478@msn.com
NotAgain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on the 2 to 3 crew tops statement.

Keep me in the loop please.

topthud@comcast.net

I have a forum I run for a Ghost Recon clan. I can add a Submarine section if you wanna use that for organizing. Just say the word.
Spectator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, i'm running a new dw fansite, the main purpose of the site will be to deliver knowledge to the people Wink

http://www.guggs.de

that means you will find tutorials, tactics, strategies etc. on that website once DW is released.
maybe you or someone else who reads this likes to write something, a small article about something DW related.
contact me at Spectator@guggs.de if you have something you want to see on that site, if it's good stuff for the community i'm glad to host it Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: