Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

PRESS CONFERENCE! Film at 11
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: PRESS CONFERENCE! Film at 11 Reply with quote

I called this press conference today on behalf of my poor client, who is so emotionally shattered by these calumnies and lies that he couldn't even appear here. I will be fielding questions on my client's behalf.

First, let me state the obvious: you all know Mr. Drebbel, and you all know that he could NEVER do the kind of things of which he has been accused. These baseless charges are a blatant attempt to have Mr. Drebbel removed from his position as Dutch Sea Lord. I won't at this time name the persons I believe to be responsible, because I refuse to stoop to the tactics of the Prosecution in this case; but you just wait and see-there's more to this so-called "trial" than meets the eye.

We will now take questions from the press.
Sixpack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Drebbel should lose his title...... could I have it ? Joking
StdDev

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: PRESS CONFERENCE! Film at 11 Reply with quote

Sailor Steve wrote:
I called this press conference today on behalf of my poor client, who is so emotionally shattered by these calumnies and lies that he couldn't even appear here. I will be fielding questions on my client's behalf.

First, let me state the obvious: you all know Mr. Drebbel, and you all know that he could NEVER do the kind of things of which he has been accused. These baseless charges are a blatant attempt to have Mr. Drebbel removed from his position as Dutch Sea Lord. I won't at this time name the persons I believe to be responsible, because I refuse to stoop to the tactics of the Prosecution in this case; but you just wait and see-there's more to this so-called "trial" than meets the eye.

We will now take questions from the press.

Assuming that your client IS indeed guiltless and innocent of any wrong doings,
What exactly is your argument that would justify his preclusion from any justice meted out by the court!? :hmm:
He is after all... Drebbel! Yep

Very Happy

StdDev
Ocean Wolverine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I'm a newbie here amongst the great mariners and submariners of the virtual high seas ... I will nevertheless throw in my two cents.
As to the charge of messing with the minds of keyboard sailors, who are by reason of eager anticipation of SHIII's release left more gullible to the type of trickery the accused (Drebbel) has been charged with, ... I conclude that I myself have been lead astray by the title of his post and have suffered needless anxiety and experienced a rapid increase of heart rate (although only for a short time). :8Cool

I therefore recommend that Drebbel be forced to reveal some of his best naval tactics to the subsim members (in writing) and provide a secret historical map or document concerning WW2 German submarines that would be of interest to the victims affected by his actions ... and therefore be reconciled. Joking

Last edited by Ocean Wolverine on Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: PRESS CONFERENCE! Film at 11 Reply with quote

StdDev wrote:
What exactly is your argument that would justify his preclusion from any justice meted out by the court!? :hmm:

Now, y'see, there you go. Of course the guilty should be punished; that's the whole point of the law. But my client ISN'T guilty! This is just people suffering from Sea Lord Envy trying to take the poor guy down a notch.
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ocean Wolverine wrote:
...I conclude that I myself have been lead astray by the title of his post

I can't comment on that sentiment here. It will have to be answered in the courtroom, and you may be called as a witness for the Prosecution.

Quote:
...and have suffered needless anxiety and experienced a rapid increase of heart rate (although only for a short time).

I'd get that looked at if I were you; and if you have any complaints about the way your medical needs are handled, here's my card.

CARD:
Sailor Steve, Attorney At Large.
Dewey, Cheatham and Howe
Serving your Legal Needs. Ambulances chased for a small extra fee.
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixpack wrote:
If Drebbel should lose his title...... could I have it ? Joking

I'm sure we could arrange something, assuming that if he should be convicted you'd be willing to serve his time for him.
StdDev

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: PRESS CONFERENCE! Film at 11 Reply with quote

Sailor Steve wrote:
StdDev wrote:

Now, y'see, there you go. Of course the guilty should be punished; that's the whole point of the law. But my client ISN'T guilty! This is just people suffering from Sea Lord Envy trying to take the poor guy down a notch.

Barrister Steve....
You miss the point entirely!
The question of the Sea Lords guilt or innocence is moot!
The defendant, by the very nature of his genetic makeup, is in sore need of Subsim justice!
There are in existence video records of the defendant and his cronies ( see case no# 101504-G WPL vs. Dutch Hoodlums, The Cavalla Incident ) that demonstrate the capacity for mischief that the defendant is capable of!
The only issue yet to be resolved is the nature of said justice.
Perhaps a keel haul in unnecessary (well maybe just a little Very Happy ), but I would think that at a minimum the defendant should be sentenced to wear a sundress and sing show-tunes for the mollification of the Subsim community.

StdDev
Neal Stevens

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: PRESS CONFERENCE! Film at 11 Reply with quote

[quote="StdDev"][quote="Sailor Steve"]
StdDev wrote:

There are in existence video records of the defendant and his cronies ( see case no# 101504-G WPL vs. Dutch Hoodlums, The Cavalla Incident ) that demonstrate the capacity for mischief that the defendant is capable of!

StdDev

Indeed! Video evidence of said Cavalla Incident will be forthcoming! Rotfl
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: PRESS CONFERENCE! Film at 11 Reply with quote

StdDev wrote:
Barrister Steve....
You miss the point entirely!

Your attempt to point out that I've missed the point is pointless. allow ME to point out that I NEVER miss the point! And that's the whole point, if you take my point.
Quote:
The question of the Sea Lords guilt or innocence is moot!

Now you're just trying to point me in the wrong direction. The question of my client's innocence is the very question in question. If my client is innocent, then he's innocent. And if he's guilty, then an appeal will prove that he's still innocent! What was the question again?
Quote:
The defendant, by the very nature of his genetic makeup, is in sore need of Subsim justice!

If it's in the very nature of his genetic makeup, then he can't help himself and of course he shouldn't be punished.
Quote:

You use the phrase "the defendant AND HIS CRONIES". This shows that sounding a dive claxon in the wee hours of the A.M. is part of the Dutch Nature (as you've already so well pointed out {there's that point thing again}). Since this is accepted practice in Dutch Land, that little bit of youthful hijinks cannot be considered a crime (and anybody who would say otherwise is a cad and a bounder).
Quote:
...I would think that at a minimum the defendant should be sentenced to wear a sundress and sing show-tunes for the mollification of the Subsim community.

My client is untrained in the fine art of wearing a sundress (at least that's what he told me), and to make him do so would be cruel and unusual punishment. Perhaps you could give us proper instruction.

Last edited by Sailor Steve on Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crash Dive

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve you are a good defense counsel, a regular F. Lee Baily Rotfl
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just don't tell Johnny Cochrane-I hate to see a grown man cry.
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: PRESS CONFERENCE! Film at 11 Reply with quote

Neal Stevens wrote:
Indeed! Video evidence of said Cavalla Incident will be forthcoming! Rotfl

HEY! That can't be entered as evidence! This case has to be judged on it's own merits (of which of course there are none)!

Judge, I demand that that Bailiff be ordered to arrest himself! Or at least restrain himself from contributing to the Prosecution's case! See? I knew this trial was rigged!
JJ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: PRESS CONFERENCE! Film at 11 Reply with quote

Sailor Steve wrote:
This case has to be judged on it's own merits (of which of course there are none)!

*cough*
Vonotto

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am the first to point out "IF THE POST DOES NOT FIT YOU MUST ACQUIT".

But the whole point is JUSTICE, fair and even. When I posted my SH3 shelved post I was imediatly and without question thrown into the brig.

1. Was I asked if I had done this.......NO
2. Was I asked if someone else had access to my computer..........NO
3. Was I given my miranda rights..............NO
4. Was I given counsel or asked if I could afford counsel............NO
5. Was I given my day in court.............NO

SO is this a question of the rich being given special treatment because they are rich or WHO they know...............YES

Will Drebbel be given a slap on the hand or this entire case dismissed or just swept under the rug..............YES

Will justice ever be seen again at subsim ????? ........I fear not.

I am scared to leave my house at all now for fear that I will be picked up on the street and subjected to horrible and brutal beatings without reason. And that I soon will have to stand in LONG lines just to buy bread, and that my children will be forced to work long hours in coal mines just so the MAN can prosper.

It is a conspiracy to oppress the poor and raise the rich and powerful even further above the masses. When will it end. How can we be free of this tyrany?????
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: