Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

New Video

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> PT Boats: Knights of the Sea
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barracuda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: New Video Reply with quote

Hey guys can you help me? I've donwloaded the new video but the Windows Media Player (10) dont play the image only the sound. It looks like a Codec is missing. The problem is what Codec ?
barracuda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: New video Reply with quote

Ok! I've found the solution. It was the DivX codec. Thanks.
sergbuto

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad for you. The new trailer is very, very impressive, almost like a movie. Surprised But I hate that mirror/icy-like water. It seems they are not going to improve that.
Mike 'Red Ocktober' Hense

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after just recently getting on the broadband wagon, i looked at the videos day before yesterday... and man, PT BOATS, THIS IS DEFINITELY THE ONE TO KEEP AN EYE ON !!!!

as a matter of fact, seeing the still screenshots from this project was what made me go back to the drawing board with my sim... now, after seeing the videos, it's confirmed... i made the right decision Yep

visually, this may wind up being the cream of the crop of new offerings...

--Mike
tone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike... did you wind up using TGE?
I'd love to share data on experience with that!

tone
Mike 'Red Ocktober' Hense

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest, i've only done a lil stuff in Torque... i got an exterior nuc sub up and running, but that's about all... the shader engine version of Torque just went milestone1, but it is far from complete...

i'm also looking at the shader capabilities of DarkBasicPro, 3DGameStudio A6, and wrote up some bumpmapping stuff that works in Blitz3D that looks not too bad...

the world suddenly changed the day DOOM3 landed Joking ... nothing will ever be the same again... my thinking is that shaders are the way to go to even be able to come close to the graphics that i've seen in the previews for these upcoming sims... thus, the failure to release the 3DRAD version of mine...

the guys here have hit the mark... the stuff i've seen represents what looks like the definitive naval action tied to the some of the most realistic graphics out there...

if i can get half as close to what they've got here, i'll be happy...

--Mike
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> PT Boats: Knights of the Sea All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: