Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

FLEET COMMAND 2 / HARPOON 4 ??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moetman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: FLEET COMMAND 2 / HARPOON 4 ?? Reply with quote

How difficult would it be to use the improved FleetCommand/SubCommand engine i.e. DangerousWaters into a new version of Fleet Command or Harpoon ? It would be a hit and I can think of no other company than Sonalysts who could pull it off.

At least consider it Sonalysts .

Regards
P.S. DW looks great - well done
TLAM Strike

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all it would be is a slight retool of what already in DW. Currently a player would control one or two MH-60 seahawks when (s)he plays a FFG. Now SA could expaned that basic code to allow a player to control ALL platforms for one side thought the nav screen. Then maybe add a CVIC screen or whatever so when a person plays a CV they are ineffect the commander of a battlegroup.
Skybird

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not meant as critizism, don't get it wrong, but it amazes me again and again, how little patience the human mind seems to have, how little enduring it is, and how fast-paced. DW is not even out, we don't know it'S detailed specs and content, have no experience with it, never have enjoyed it (or cursed at it Very Happy ) - and we already start to talk here and in other threads about mods, models, and changes, or even new games. I wonder if we even will play the actual upcoming DW, or are we only collectors wanting to make a mark on our list; or is the game itself not important or interesting, only the cracking of it it, and it's modding?

We should wait for DW, and then check. If it has some things worth to be corrected, hopefully a patch will not wait too long. Then we should play it. And when it's starting to get boring, maybe, or interest fades, then we mod and change it (substantially). Why do we already jump to the last step - now, while it even is not out? 'gives me a hard time to understand. I for myself will honour SA effort (if we find that it is worth it) by paying it the attention it then deserves. And - it doesn't seem to become a game lacking complexity, doesn't it Laughing

Nichts für ungut,
Wink Skybird
sonar732

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skybird wrote:
This is not meant as critizism, don't get it wrong, but it amazes me again and again, how little patience the human mind seems to have, how little enduring it is, and how fast-paced. DW is not even out, we don't know it'S detailed specs and content, have no experience with it, never have enjoyed it (or cursed at it Very Happy ) - and we already start to talk here and in other threads about mods, models, and changes, or even new games. I wonder if we even will play the actual upcoming DW, or are we only collectors wanting to make a mark on our list; or is the game itself not important or interesting, only the cracking of it it, and it's modding?

We should wait for DW, and then check. If it has some things worth to be corrected, hopefully a patch will not wait too long. Then we should play it. And when it's starting to get boring, maybe, or interest fades, then we mod and change it (substantially). Why do we already jump to the last step - now, while it even is not out? 'gives me a hard time to understand. I for myself will honour SA effort (if we find that it is worth it) by paying it the attention it then deserves. And - it doesn't seem to become a game lacking complexity, doesn't it Laughing

Nichts für ungut,
Wink Skybird

I agree with you on this one Skybird! Thumbs Up
Skybird

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonar732 wrote:

That's the second time in a short period of time - if we don't take better care and maybe some precautionary battles we may finally find ourselves drinking together in the same bar...! Joking
sonar732

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skybird wrote:
sonar732 wrote:

That's the second time in a short period of time - if we don't take better care and maybe some precautionary battles we may finally find ourselves drinking together in the same bar...! Joking

Skybird...I know that I wouldn't be able to handle a good German beer. It's been years since I've gone to a bar due to the babysitting duties I have with a 10, 8, 6, 3, and 18 month old to help take care of with my wife. Rotfl Rotfl
Looney11

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised
Quote:
It's been years since I've gone to a bar due to the babysitting duties I have with a 10, 8, 6, 3, and 18 month old to help take care of with my wife.

OMG, respect....

I'm just wondering how you minimized labor time between the kids Joking Joking Joking
sonar732

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looney11 wrote:
Surprised
Quote:
It's been years since I've gone to a bar due to the babysitting duties I have with a 10, 8, 6, 3, and 18 month old to help take care of with my wife.

OMG, respect....

I'm just wondering how you minimized labor time between the kids Joking Joking Joking

The labor was easy...she had C-sections for the 10, 3, and 18 month old. The 8 and 6 year olds are from a previous marriage. Not to mention that the 10 year old is my only boy...step-son. :huh: Surprised
Skybird

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonar732 wrote:
I have a 10, 8, 6, 3, and 18 month old

oooops - and any other hobbies of yours...? Joking
Looney11

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I just reread your sentences,...... I thought children of 10 months, 3 months, 8 months, 18 months and 6 months was a bit awkward..... Rotfl

But anyway, I haven't got any kids at the moment, though i am getting married next year... Smug
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Dangerous Waters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: