Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

FREE 14 Day Trial for WW2 Online! [56k BEWARE IMAGES]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> All Kinds of Other Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G Rider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: FREE 14 Day Trial for WW2 Online! [56k BEWARE IMAGES] Reply with quote

WW2 Online

Playnet is offering a free 14 day trial right now!
FREE 14 DAY TRIAL

Right click and "save as" and you need the Divx Codec to view.

109F Demise

HE 111 meets Hurri IIc

Airborg and his 109F meets French Fighter Jock G Rider and his D520-LOW DETAIL

Added some ground pounding, though only some small probs as I usually have my capture rig playing a second account in epic battles and my main rig at 1280x1024x32 16 ansio which I can't capture at. Will have to sacrafice someday on that to get a good battle captured:

Stuart in action

British Sapper

My movies only show part of the game. There is also a full hardcore tank, infantry, artillery, naval sim for a virtual battlefield like none other. This is hardcore physics and damage models. This isn't anything like any other virtual battlefield out there. This game gives you Europe at 1/2 scale with 1000s of players all in one zone! There are others but none are as hardcore (physics / damage models) as this. I play many others and not to knock anyone else’s favorite game but as a Flight Instructor IRL I find that this game gives the best all around feel of vehicles (namely flying) and realism for a MMOG first person shooter. No Rambo's here. Team work is the key. You have to think and coordinate in this game like its a real war. RPG layer is second to none. If you desire you can become part of each sides (Allies or Axis) High Command, where you deal with politics of people playing from many nations with their different views on strategies, how to structure your forces and implementing plans on the battlefield, too handeling personalities that don't mix and structruing your team to its best of abilities.

WW2 Online Review

WW2 NOOB GUIDE

Some people think it doesn't look great though it looks good to me especially when you consider that WW2OL you can see 4000km+ most FPS you can only see couple hundred meters at best.

Couple are old pics but most are in a town where there wasn't any fighting. I'll have get some pics of fights and make some movies also....

Last edited by G Rider on Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:14 am; edited 2 times in total
G Rider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMAGE MODEL IMAGES ARE OF A MUCH OLDER VERSION AND VIEWED WITH TOOLS NOT THE GAME ITSELF

The ballistics actually use joules of energy and type of round i.e. AP, HE, ball, shaped, or HEAT so far. They model every external armor piece even tool boxes on the outside of a vehicle. When a round hits, it will calculate it’s mass * velocity = joules and then apply that force at the angle of impact on a thickness of the piece of armor it contacted and the type of round. Will it penetrate or deflect? They also model hundreds of spalling fragments, fragments from the rounds itself, and concussion of rounds for damage. Every round is tracked this way. Every vehicle in game is a full model with internal parts that can be damaged or destroyed with some feed back (visual damage) to the players. Here are some damage model pictures that I have and some ballistic information. There are more to the models than what is shown as in skiln and structural models i.e. aircraft skin hit will lose efficiency ect.. And remember they are being viewed with tools not the actual game.

Some of the various damage models:

Last edited by G Rider on Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:41 am; edited 2 times in total
G Rider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMAGE MODEL IMAGES ARE OF A MUCH OLDER VERSION AND VIEWED WITH TOOLS NOT THE GAME ITSELF

Ballistic interactions:
I know its an 88 hitting the Char but not sure of the rest. Red is spalling pieces and yellow are fragments of the round.

Last edited by G Rider on Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
G Rider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballistic interactions:
I know its an 88 hitting the Char but not sure of the rest. Red is spalling pieces and yellow are fragments of the round.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More RECENT screenshots:

http://lindir.playnet.com/~lindir/Screenshots/Recent/

ALL BUILDINGS ARE BEING REDONE AND THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT TO EXPECT:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> All Kinds of Other Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: