Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Update #2: Silent Hunter III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Comments to SUBSIM Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AS

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading this thread for a while IŽd like to add my two cents:

1) The more I learn about SH3 the more it reminds me of Enigma. Instant battle, arcadish "sub vs. DD". By the way, in reality the BdU would chop your head of in an awkward moment if you told them you let the big convoy slip in order to waste your expensive torps on some olŽ DDs...Sinking DDs was not the job. Just like your B52 wouldnŽt engage in attacking some Messerschmidt-planes instead of bombing cities...

2) What about SOUND? Is it done right FOR ONCE?

3) Neal, you gave me sleepless nights by mentioning there will be "360 degree pan" in the control room. Now does this mean weŽll have a FIXED position in the centre just as in Enigma? Please tell me that you can actually WALK around within a compartment...

Cheers, AS

Thanks in advance for replies.
Bertgang

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the beginning, news about grid map travel disguted me.

Now I have to agree that, if well done, this system is not so far from a free course at high time compression rate.
Historical orders for patrols, probably, included orders about the course to follow; at least, to avoid concentration of subs on the same way, and contact missing all around.

Good thing that the choice for next mission, in a campaign, will be hidden to the players, but the system seems very limited.
Ok, difficult to see two identical long careers.
Easy to see, indeed, all early war missions in short time; only 27 alternative missions to cover a 3 patrol career.
america person

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AS wrote:
After reading this thread for a while IŽd like to add my two cents:

1) The more I learn about SH3 the more it reminds me of Enigma. Instant battle, arcadish "sub vs. DD". By the way, in reality the BdU would chop your head of in an awkward moment if you told them you let the big convoy slip in order to waste your expensive torps on some olŽ DDs...Sinking DDs was not the job. Just like your B52 wouldnŽt engage in attacking some Messerschmidt-planes instead of bombing cities...

2) What about SOUND? Is it done right FOR ONCE?

3) Neal, you gave me sleepless nights by mentioning there will be "360 degree pan" in the control room. Now does this mean weŽll have a FIXED position in the centre just as in Enigma? Please tell me that you can actually WALK around within a compartment...

Cheers, AS

Thanks in advance for replies.

arcadish is very bad, i agree whole heartedely Yep
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Comments to SUBSIM Review All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: