Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Latest SH3 screenies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R Hardman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oesten wrote:
Anyone still running a PC with a less than 1 Ghz CPU, e.g. a Pentium III or Athlon 850, and running Windows 98 or 95, should not be thinking about running new simulator games.

Sorry but your system is VERY out of date - so either buy a new PC or stick with SHII.

Unless the game has graphic options so low-end users can run 16bit, disable shadows, spectacular lighting, etc.... Yeah you may not get the eye candy but at least you can still play. I played IL2 on a PII, 366Mhz and enjoyed it. I have a new system and it plays outstanding now but the same planes shoot the same way and fly in the same direction. :wink:
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really??!! I always believe them when they list minimum requirements. Well, I guess I know what I'M buying this payday!

Thanks, R Very Happy
Der Teddy Bar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailor Steve wrote:
Laughing Laughing Bet you never heard of an Admiral who lived 4000 feet up in the mountains and 600 miles from the ocean, either. Razz I got this way by talking too much.

Truth is, I will be trying to set money aside for that upgrade, as I can't play IL2 either, and that's something I really want. Only problem is, motorcycle repair and upgrade take precedence over computers. I have my priorities, you know.

IL2 is in my opinion is not worth the upgrade. Whilst visually and technically it is right up there, it is at heart a level game. You cannot die. Or should I say, should you die or crash in enemy territory you HAVE to restart the mission again. Your career does not end. I remember that it was not well worded and found it by accident, the option that enables you to go to the next mission if you do not complete this one.

If you have played it enough you start to see the lack of variation within the missions.

As such, it is not really a single player game unless you are easily amused with the quick battle, which can be great, but I personally cannot continually play a different single battle. I have not played it in multiplayer.
Gollard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Der Teddy Bar,

I totally disagree with you about IL2, I know its only your opinion, But I have just finished an online session of IL2, and I can tell you, if your into flight sims, and I think Sailor Steve is, its defintley worth the buy.

Also, it cant be more than $20 now, I bought it when it first came out and payed 50euro, money well spent. The single player campaign, is quite good also.

Multie player, well it has to be played, to beleive it, its just brilliant, so much skill involed, and the good thing about it, you never really get bored learning how to fly Very Happy

PS Sorry for steering the orignal topic of course.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GrayWolf3rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO COOL! I Hope the ships brake in two after they get hit Wink that be so alsom!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
america person

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool pictures, imo the water is done way better then sh2, even though everythiung looked better the water caught my eye
Rydox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 1.4 P4 with an original GeForce3 64MB and it is way out of date.
I'm sure this will run SHIII but not very well at all.

It is hard but to really keep up with computer gaming you need to do alot of upgrading or a full replacement at least every 3 years.

Heck, most people trade in their $25,000 cars every 3 to 5 years or they need major repairs. So I dont see this as such a bad thing, but my wife sure does.
Women, they just dont get it.

Rydox
R Hardman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rydox wrote:
So I dont see this as such a bad thing, but my wife sure does. Women, they just dont get it. Rydox

Oh yes they do! It is us that don't get anything! Yep Yep
Sailor Steve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gollard wrote:
...if your into flight sims, and I think Sailor Steve is, its defintley worth the buy.

Oh, yeah! I play flight sims. Funny thing is, the best one I play isn't on the computer, it's a three dimensional miniatures game designed by an aerodynamicist friend of mine almost thirty years ago. Every Thursday night we play at the local hobby shop with our little trolleys and 1/72 scale models. Been doing that since 1977.

I also play Red Baron (with the Western Front patch that lets you play in 1915), European Air War and hope to get IL2 soon.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: