Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

First SH3 screens!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vils

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: NEXT Reply with quote

..so..

Can we have MORE screenshots and ifno very sooon please?? Laughing
mog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These pre alpha screenshots look to me like the game is in a very advanced stage of development considering it doesn't come out for the best part of a year.
Nightowl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Screenshots Reply with quote

These screenshots sure are purdy ! Hopefully the developers have learned a lot from past mistakes and I'm hopeful that the development will be as perfect and as good as can possibly be done. They have plenty of support from members and users of subsim. Good luck and thank you for giving us another great sub game. Laughing We will buy it for sure....
Fletcher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the idea of a new subsim is great, pretty pictures do not a great subsim make.

There are only 4 screenshots available. Are these "in-game" screenshots? Or have they been taken from the intro movie?

I note that SHIII is due out later this year, yet word about it is just getting out now.

We know next to nothing about its gameplay, etc. For example, when a depth charge hits will the screen shake like it did in SH1?

The Developer team is in Romania - they are new to the SH franchise. What game has this team worked on in the past? What is their track record?

Will there be a dynamic career mode? Will expansions be possible?

Hopes are rising. I just hope that SHIII can live up to it.

Cheers!
KWolfe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fletcher wrote:
While the idea of a new subsim is great, pretty pictures do not a great subsim make.

There are only 4 screenshots available. Are these "in-game" screenshots? Or have they been taken from the intro movie?

I note that SHIII is due out later this year, yet word about it is just getting out now.

We know next to nothing about its gameplay, etc. For example, when a depth charge hits will the screen shake like it did in SH1?

The Developer team is in Romania - they are new to the SH franchise. What game has this team worked on in the past? What is their track record?

Will there be a dynamic career mode? Will expansions be possible?

Hopes are rising. I just hope that SHIII can live up to it.

Cheers!

The screenshots are from "in-game". A depth charge shockwave will shake your submarine and your view if is quite near. But there are far more important gameplay stuff then a screen shake that dev team take it in considering.
Sniper_1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: a lot to live up to Reply with quote

Hi all,

Ubisoft have raised expectations to a fever pitch allready and we still have nearly a year to go until the official release date. Lets all hope that this game can live up to its (High) expectations. That said i know you cannot please everyone all the time, so the best we can hope for is a game that meets our minimum requirements. If the game is crap 'outa the box' but can be easily modded and altered by this community i for one won't be too harsh and disapointed. If on the other hand it turns out that it looks great but has lously gameplay and is difficult if not impossible to mod (especially the gameplay/campaign) then i'm gona be one ticked off subsim fan. Even now i'm dreaming of the first time i tear that celophane wrapper from Sh3'd box for the first time, insering the CD-ROM with trembling hands into my PC....
Fletcher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
KWolfe
The screenshots are from "in-game". A depth charge shockwave will shake your submarine and your view if is quite near. But there are far more important gameplay stuff then a screen shake that dev team take it in considering.

I agree.

If the team has taken care of the little stuff (like screen shake), then it builds confidence they will take care of the bigger items.

SHII had NO screen shake.

Cheers!
Drebbel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are certainly impressive ! Lets hope the simulation part will be as good as these screenshots !

Although the wake in the iceberg pics needs a lot of work imho, and I sure hope they will not use these rambo guys for the crew. The musle seems a bit overdone (to say the least). I suggest they take a better look at WWII crew photos.

I am glad to see they got rid of the red (below the water line) hull paint.

The concept of crew management will certainly be very interesting. I wonder how far they will go with that.

The variety in ship types in the convoys is also very promissing !

Are these really in-game shots, they look really good for pre-alfa (I think)

Can wait for Xmas 2005 :wink:
Transhectadon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Rambo?... John-J? Reply with quote

mr Drebbel wrote: "Although the wake in the iceberg pics needs a lot of work imho, and I sure hope they will not use these rambo guys for the crew. The musle seems a bit overdone (to say the least). I suggest they take a better look at WWII crew photos".

Yep

I agree the designers should not use crewmen with tree-trunk necks, but its the norm for superheroes and villans for eons - when was the last time you walked into a toystore and saw GI-Joe with "a revenge of the nerds" or a programmer's pathetic body?
Very Happy

...."They drew first blood, not me."

.... "John, are you there?"

.... "do you read me Rambo?"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: