Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Petition the Developer for a Pacific Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: SH III Pacific Reply with quote

I like would be willing to send proof of purchase's of SH I and SH II as a persuasive instrument for an updated US Pacific Sub Sim.

Chief
USN/USCG Retired
Overkill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea Good idea, Chief. Very Happy
Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my idea, see Neals post of 25 Jan. But I think the War in the Pacific has been neglected by the Sim Publishers. Particularly the Amphibius Campaign by Allied ground forces.

Chief USN/USCG Retired
Overkill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On that note I'd love to see a modernized version of Microprose's Taskforce 1942. I miss a good WW2 surface combat game too.

A good game with everything from PT boats to Carriers and everything in between would be nice. Very Happy
OlegM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overkill wrote:
On that note I'd love to see a modernized version of Microprose's Taskforce 1942. I miss a good WW2 surface combat game too.

A good game with everything from PT boats to Carriers and everything in between would be nice. Very Happy

You should definitely check out Uncommon Valor then. Not a simulation, but an operational level wargame, but you still get to micromanage every PT (and CV of course Smile in the Pacific theatre.

I enjoy the game immensely.

O.
U-421

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to complain about what you want and whine about what's best for you and stereo type people for what they'd rather play as, Germans or Americans, then I don't consider you a very bright person.

If there's something you want, do it yourself. The developers aren't slaves, nor do they have to do any one thing, it's their project, their game and can do whatever you want. It'd be like one of us petetioning to vote you out.

I don't want to start a fight, but don't be a jackass just to get votes or whatever. And not all Germans in the U-boat service or military were nazi's, so it's not fair to them for you to call them that. Another example is calling you white trash. Not all of us are white and trash, there are a lot more decent guys that might not be trash or white, but that has no point in calling all of us white trash.

Just think before you make a fool of yourself. The whole world isn't based around you.

(This post is to the whiners that complain and whine about everything that isn't there way. It isn't directed at 1 individual person nor the whole community. No racism or anything is directed at anyone.)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Overkill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Olegmst, I'll check it out. Very Happy
Seminole

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Hmmm, I've spent many an hour commanding simulated U-Boats.. Reply with quote

....but I have yet to play a Nazi one. Surprised
oscar19681

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: i hate u.s subs Reply with quote

to be honoust i think u.s subs look ugly , they look way to much like a surface ship . ill vote for a nazi game any-time
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marauder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pacific game on US side is a lot less fun because it went progressively easier as war went on. Running out of military targets, US subs ended up sinking a few Hospital liners and civilian fishing boats (isn't that a war crime? ignoring red cross painted on ship and machine gunning survivors, many were actually Korean or Malays) How about a Japanese Sub Sim, no one has attempted to do one. It also has very steep upward difficulty curve as war went on, providing some challenges.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: