Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

please some new SHIII feedback

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oscar19681

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: please some new SHIII feedback Reply with quote

can we please have some new feedback? this forum is kind of dead now . some screenshots would be cool , or some more info on SHIII ! anything!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bart

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yip, I second that, we all await in anticipation................
:shifty:
AS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SH3 has been announced in two big German game magazines with screenshots (sadly those we already know), stating the game was to be released at the end of 2004. They point out that actual crew managment will be a novelty in the genre.

So no big news, but at least they confirm that something is coming our way....

Cheers, AS
finchOU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think we are just waiting for a resonse to see if they are actually taking this forum seriously.....it may be just wishful thinking that we think we will actually have an effect on the outcome of the game!.......my personal thought. I can get second hand info anywhere, I want to hear it from the source.
mog

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I don't expect a big update or even more screenshots, just a few comments to fuel our speculation.
Gollard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Oscar

looks like your really desperate to get some info or new screen shots Razz
you have posted twice on here more or less requesting the same thing.

I dont think there will be any news, or screen shots for at least maybe another a month or two.

Sorry to say this, but looks like you will have to sit it out like the rest of us Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
oscar19681

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gollard wrote:
@Oscar

looks like your really desperate to get some info or new screen shots Razz
you have posted twice on here more or less requesting the same thing.

I dont think there will be any news, or screen shots for at least maybe another a month or two.

Sorry to say this, but looks like you will have to sit it out like the rest of us Crying or Very sad

oh well sorry for being so happy about the SHIII news !!!! its all my fault!!! after all there are so many exellent u-boat subsims with 3-d interiour and 3-d crew (NOT) . i mean seriously , i think SHIII is really gonna be something new here . finally we might get a sub-sim which is more a simulator insted of having the feeling i,m driving a remote controll sub with a 2-d screen. and b.t.w doesnt a potential customer have the right to ask for some more feedback on the subject from time-to-time? i think i do.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gollard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew,

I was going to get flamed for my reply to you Oscar, I had posted a reply to your thread about you asking for more screen shots.

But geeez, I didnt mean to offend you or to agreviate you, And yes a potential customer is intitled to ask for more info and screen shots.

I didnt say that anyone wasnt intitled to screen shots, also I understand the fact that you are happy, like my self, I know it does get frustrating and we do tend to get impatient.

But I was only replying to your post, with no offence intended, its just a matter of havn to sit it out, and wait for more info and screen shots, like I said in my last post, and thats the way it is unfortuantley Rolling Eyes

PS IM NOT TRYING TO AGREVIATE YOU Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rommel McDonald

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Please be patient Reply with quote

Hi All,
I share in the excitment as well and would love to hear more about the project too - but also, we should all be grateful that the Dev team comes hear and reads the posts. Most teams dont even bother with the fans. We cannot expect them to take time away from the project to give constant updates or individual attention to every post - if they did, they would not be working on the game.

I remember reading one of the posts from the Dev team and they were very up front and honest about not being able to respond to all posts and that we may not hear much from them - but they also said they will be paying attention to the comments.

Please be patient and do not scare away the Dev Team members away with demands for their attention. The more time we take from them here, the less time they have to work on the game and make it great.

I just hope this doesnt become some kind of flame war against the SH3 team programmers for them not giving feedback to every post.
For direct input maybe try contacting Neal - he seems to be in contact with the team, and he may be able to pass our suggestions along?

Cheers,
R McD
finchOU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enought, but I dont want to play the game a year from now to find out they "did their own thing" and didnt really pay attention. I dont know, in the Military we have a PAO (public affairs officer) to let everyone know what exactly is going on to "calm the fears" of the public so to speak. Granted I would rather hear from a Techy, verse a Sunshine Blower about what is actually going on anyday. Sorry if I dont want to get burned in buying this game......but yes I'll admit I am impatient in wanting to hear some news, but I also want to make an impact on the game before it is too far in Production to "redo" it.

Jumped the gun on feedback question? yeah a little bit
Did I do it on purpose? yeah sure, but only to see how confident the moderators are in the Dev team to listen, and if they are listening at all...........that said.......I'll wait till April or May to start complaining if feedback is nonexsistant.
oscar19681

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gollard wrote:
I knew,

I was going to get flamed for my reply to you Oscar, I had posted a reply to your thread about you asking for more screen shots.

But geeez, I didnt mean to offend you or to agreviate you, And yes a potential customer is intitled to ask for more info and screen shots.

I didnt say that anyone wasnt intitled to screen shots, also I understand the fact that you are happy, like my self, I know it does get frustrating and we do tend to get impatient.

But I was only replying to your post, with no offence intended, its just a matter of havn to sit it out, and wait for more info and screen shots, like I said in my last post, and thats the way it is unfortuantley Rolling Eyes

PS IM NOT TRYING TO AGREVIATE YOU Laughing

hey man ! no hard feelings . in the end we are all just sailors in a steel tube a 100 feet under the salty sea. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Seeadler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once the Ubi Soft team has their own website for SHIII, I would like to see something similar the developers of "Pirates of the burning Sea" do with their devlogs.

I know, much in this logs is very technical and programmers stuff, but it produces a certain kind of transparency and shows that the project is still alive. :wink:
Rommel McDonald

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Well odne! Reply with quote

finchOU wrote:
Fair enought, but I dont want to play the game a year from now to find out they "did their own thing" and didnt really pay attention. I dont know, in the Military we have a PAO (public affairs officer) to let everyone know what exactly is going on to "calm the fears" of the public so to speak. Granted I would rather hear from a Techy, verse a Sunshine Blower about what is actually going on anyday. Sorry if I dont want to get burned in buying this game......but yes I'll admit I am impatient in wanting to hear some news, but I also want to make an impact on the game before it is too far in Production to "redo" it.

Jumped the gun on feedback question? yeah a little bit
Did I do it on purpose? yeah sure, but only to see how confident the moderators are in the Dev team to listen, and if they are listening at all...........that said.......I'll wait till April or May to start complaining if feedback is nonexsistant.

Spoken like a true Gentleman! I commend you for your good attitude. Hopefully we'll receive periodic updates as the project progresses.

Cheers,
R McD
NeonSamurai

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point in time i dont think any of us at subsim have much if anything realy to go on, im sure at some point we will have the devs posting here, probably some time after the official web site goes up, but possibly not. In the end its up to them and the publisher.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: