Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

What sort of campaign do you want in SHIII?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  

See the explanation of each below... which type or combination of types of campaigns do you want implemented in SHIII?
Random "career mode" campaign
61%
 61%  [ 49 ]
Branched campaign (pseudo-dynamic)
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Scripted campaign
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
a Random and a Branched campaign
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
a Random and a Scripted campaign
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
a Branched and Scripted campaign
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
ALL THREE!
15%
 15%  [ 12 ]
implement none, campaigns of any sort are folly.
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 80

KWolfe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But how about a campaign that offer this:

- Scripted missions and a percentage of random encounters

- Specific events and number of missions during a year of war... (a specific number of patrols not 5 but 20 for each year of war)

- Branching for each year... you can't do the entire missions pack (patrols) from that year cause some are started in the same day or week. So basically you will have new ways to explore when replay the game and a different career on a different path. Some of the branch you can loose if you stay too long in a patrol.

- I don’t want to go everywhere I like In 40 for example… I want to go where was possible to go at that time.

- If a patrol is not made in 39 I can’t play it in 42. Is obviously why!

- Some secret mission that should be discovered depending on your actions as U-Boat Commander – some of them can appear when you decide to continue a mission that is accomplished – some random encounters can interfere in this case too.

- I would like to see some intelligent jokes that the Dev Team developed, some secret stuff that make you smile even if the mission is very serious (not something obvious but something that is there and I can’t discover too easy)

- Improvements of my sub with new technologies accordingly with my results

- Possibility to take a part of my crew or at least some of the members on a new type of U-Boat (i.e. from Type VII to Type IX)

- Possibility to take command of a Type XXI earlier in a test patrol for example.

- And if I die I start a new career.

What are you guys think about this kind of campaign?
Laffertytig

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be nice if the developers told us 1 way or another what type of campaign we will have?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: