Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

I hope they model thermal layering corectly.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hunter301

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: I hope they model thermal layering corectly. Reply with quote

NO TEXT
Sniper_1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Thermal layers et al. Reply with quote

All,

I too hope that they model the soanr/ocean environment properly.
I for one would like to see something of the complexity of the Harpoon3 sonar model to enhance the gameplay and experience.
See http://www.harpoonhq.com/harpoon3/sonar_model.html for details on this sonar model. Even though this may look like 'overkill' for a WW2 soanr model i say it will allow proper anti DD tactics on the part of the U-Boat i.e being able to hide from sonar pings in 'shadow zones' etc... Even though WW2 'active' sonar operated in the 'surface duct' and was direct path only it could still often be rendered useless by the ambient ocean environment.

Sniper_1
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: