Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

more screen shots and VIIC question

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oscar19681

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: more screen shots and VIIC question Reply with quote

can we see more screenshots of the external and interieur ? also i would love to see a shot of the VIIC with only a single aa gun and the tower , i like it this way the best and i hope it will be modeld . i don,t need all those aa guns , i just want the early model of the VIIC with a single aa gun for emergencies . becuase i crash dive when i see something in the air anyway .
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NeonSamurai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i recall all german subs early in the war other then the type II had a forward deck gun. It wasnt untill later in the war that they were removed to help boost underwater speed slightly, and that captains never got the chance to use them any more.
oscar19681

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: huh>? Reply with quote

no i don,t mean the deck gun . i mean the aa guns on the tower. the the type VIIC / 41 it had multiple aa guns and a deck gun while the VIIC only had a sinlge aa gun and a deck gun .
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NeonSamurai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personaly i prefer the later variants with a double aa gun mount and no deck gun mounts Smile
snave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: huh>? Reply with quote

oscar19681 wrote:
no i don,t mean the deck gun . i mean the aa guns on the tower. the the type VIIC / 41 it had multiple aa guns and a deck gun while the VIIC only had a sinlge aa gun and a deck gun .

Not strictly true. All surviving u-boats were progressively upgraded as the war progressed. There were several variations on the anti-aircraft theme, up to and including the Wintergarten heavy AA nest. However, I don't think there was any instance of u-boats having AA armament reduced as the war progressed...

What are your sources?

Simon Evans
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: