Forum Index
SUBSIM Forum Search

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
[ SUBSIM Review ] [ SUBSIM STORE ]
Current Forum | Archives 2002-2003 |

Dev team

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeonSamurai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Dev team Reply with quote

Is it known yet who is going to be developing this baby? I hope it will be a good team this time as im hoping this game will turn out like aces did and remain king of the heap for a while Smile
FAdmiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope that the team developing this new game will visit this forum
often to read all the input on what the gamers want to see. After all,
please the majority of the gamers and you put $$$ in your pocket !!!

JIM
OlegM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Dev team Reply with quote

NeonSamurai wrote:
Is it known yet who is going to be developing this baby? I hope it will be a good team this time as im hoping this game will turn out like aces did and remain king of the heap for a while Smile

I assume it's Ubisoft's Romanian team, same that tried to finish Harpoon 4, but failed.

Oleg
KWolfe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think is the same team cause the Harpoon team shouldn't have time to work on SH III in the same time. I don't think Ubi is that stoopied to make a new mistake after Harpoon's fall. I think the teams where different on these projects... or at list this seems logic for me. Anyway... I hope they will not fail with SH III.

KWolfe
OlegM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KWolfe wrote:
I don't think is the same team cause the Harpoon team shouldn't have time to work on SH III in the same time. I don't think Ubi is that stoopied to make a new mistake after Harpoon's fall. I think the teams where different on these projects... or at list this seems logic for me. Anyway... I hope they will not fail with SH III.

You say contradictory things Smile

First of all H4 is abandoned as you all know few weeks ago. SH3 is started from the scratch, or "renewed", some weeks ago, so the timing fits perfecty. Romanian guys are told not to waste any of their energy on H4, which is abandoned, but to switch to SH3 instead. Sounds perfectly logical to me. What little naval "expertise" they got with H4 can only be an additional bonus.

And BTW you (nor anyone else) should not blame H4's failure on Romanian team. They received unfinished code that must have been a mess like no other. I don't hold them responsible for H4 failure not a slightest bit.

We'll see how they'll do on SH3. I checked on their background using the Google.

So I am sure it's Romanians developing SH3, anyone wanna bet? In copy of SH3 when it's out? Smile

O.
Shiplord

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this article you can read about Harpoon 4 and Ubi Soft's internal Studio in Romania and the sentence "They have also taken on the support of the Silent Hunter franchise."

And the new subsim.com article said:
"The next title in the Silent Hunter franchise will add new dimensions to the simulation experience."
KWolfe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take a look at the screenshots you can't say that those things are made in few weeks... and one year is not enough for a new game from SH series. My thoughts are that a separate team from Romania studio worked on SH speciffically and doesn't have anything to do with the Harpoon team... and I know that the Romanian Harpoon team recieved unfinished code (which was bad for the Romanian team cause perhups they where forced to solve in a short time things that others didn't managed well)... Once again I think when I see the screenshots that the team is not the same with Harpoon. Or maybe they took members from the Harpoon team durring the process.
KWolfe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And... one more thing... I don't blame Romania for the fail of Harpoon... I reffered on Ubi that failed on H4 task.
McBeck

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that SH3 was in the "designfase" more than 8 months ago, so they have been at it for a while, but other than that I agree that 1 year is NOT enough.

I figure they have been at it for more than 1 year at this point and that release will be late 2004 if not early 2005 Yep
NeonSamurai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could also be they started on it from the start and the project got put on the back burner when ultimation fell apart and H4 got dumped into the team's lap, and SH3 went back to the front burner when UBI decided to dump H4 (a smart move imho).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Silent Hunter III All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: